From: Andy Cap on
Hi

Some of you may remember Ben Bacarisse came to my rescue with an
Xautomation alternative to Windows Keytext. This has worked well.

However after the recent Fedora 10 debacle, I've decided it too cutting
edge for my purposes and am trying Centos 5.2.

On Centos despite nothing apparently changing, it will not reproduce
e-mail addresses, because of the @

After messing about, I've discovered that from the command line,
xte "str misc(a)andy" produces misc�ndy

System/Administration/keyboard = United Kingdom
System/Preferences/keyboard/layout = United Kingdom
The keyboard itself is set as Generic 105keyintl and work just as one
would expect with all keys in the right places.

Are there any ideas where I can look to put this right?

TIA
Andy

From: Andy Cap on

Andy Cap wrote:

To answer my own question, just in case someone else uses xautomation.
The repository I used downloaded 1.01-1. Updating to 1.02 has resolved
the problem and I can once again insert regular strings into documents.
From: Ben Bacarisse on
Andy Cap <Andy_Cap(a)nosuch.co.uk> writes:

> Andy Cap wrote:
>
> To answer my own question, just in case someone else uses
> xautomation. The repository I used downloaded 1.01-1. Updating to
> 1.02 has resolved the problem and I can once again insert regular
> strings into documents.

I'm glad. I had a bit of a poke around but could not explain the
behaviour you were seeing (let alone help fix it) hence no post. I am
using 1.02 so I did not see the issue.

--
Ben.
From: Andy Cap on
On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 03:04:20 +0000, Ben Bacarisse <ben.usenet(a)bsb.me.uk> wrote:

>I'm glad. I had a bit of a poke around but could not explain the
>behaviour you were seeing (let alone help fix it) hence no post. I am
>using 1.02 so I did not see the issue.

Thanks Ben I love it ! I've added a height parameter to the script, so that it
displays all my e-mail addresses at once. i.e.

STR=$(zenity --list --height=420 --column "Select text" "${STRINGS[@]}")

Cheers Andy