From: Sachin Jain on
Trying to configure Gmail with Outlook 2007 as per
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77689

I'm able to get email in the Inbox but not able to send.

Do we know if any tweaking is required in smtp settings?

Thanks
Sachin

From: Krudd the Dud on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 12:25:15 +0530, "Sachin Jain" <sajain(a)adobe.com> wrote:

>Trying to configure Gmail with Outlook 2007 as per
>http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77689
>
>I'm able to get email in the Inbox but not able to send.
>
>Do we know if any tweaking is required in smtp settings?
>
>Thanks
>Sachin

Did you set up TLS & the correct port?
From: VanguardLH on
Sachin Jain wrote:

> Trying to configure Gmail with Outlook 2007 as per
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77689
>
> I'm able to get email in the Inbox but not able to send.
>
> Do we know if any tweaking is required in smtp settings?

You thought "not able to send" was a good copy of whatever was the real
error message that you get for anyone else to know what was the error?
Regarding error or status messages:

- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).

You don't even mention what type of e-mail account you defined in Outlook
(POP/SMTP, IMAP/SMTP, HTTP, Exchange). You don't mention if you ever went
into the options for your Gmail account to enable that type of access.
Unlike many e-mail providers that let you optionally choose to encrypt your
login credentials (and only your login, not the content of your e-mails),
Gmail demands it. So did you enable SSL on the mail servers defined in the
e-mail account you created in Outlook?