From: David H. Lipman on
From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>

| Opps, forgot another you might find useful in your review [perhaps the
| graphic might give some additional direction]:

| http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=477&uid=swg21245232

SameTimes Policies are for the server and how it will work. It doesn't have to do with
the software on the PC.

--
Dave

From: MEB on
On 05/06/2010 10:12 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>
>
> | Opps, forgot another you might find useful in your review [perhaps the
> | graphic might give some additional direction]:
>
> | http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=477&uid=swg21245232
>

> SameTimes Policies are for the server and how it will work. It doesn't have to do with
> the software on the PC.

Ah okay, IT or whomever still have network policies, user policies,
other servers and their policies, firewalls, yada yada, ... so what are
you attempting to say here... or are you ignoring regular/normal
internal and external controls...

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>

| On 05/06/2010 10:12 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
>> From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>

>> | Opps, forgot another you might find useful in your review [perhaps the
>> | graphic might give some additional direction]:

>> | http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=477&uid=swg21245232

>> SameTimes Policies are for the server and how it will work. It doesn't have to do
>> with
>> the software on the PC.

| Ah okay, IT or whomever still have network policies, user policies,
| other servers and their policies, firewalls, yada yada, ... so what are
| you attempting to say here... or are you ignoring regular/normal
| internal and external controls...

In reference to...

> Implement the "Software Resriction Policy".

You posted "Add to that Flash, JAVA, IRC, IM, and other restrictions/policies."

You can't go restricting Flash and Java willy-nilly. There are reputable applications
with requirements for both.

As an example, I demonstrated Lotus SameTime which is an IM and is a Java applet and it is
a secure, corporate, solution.

--
Dave

From: MEB on
On 05/07/2010 06:37 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>
>
> | On 05/06/2010 10:12 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
>>> From: "MEB" <MEB-not-here(a)hotmail.com>

>>> SameTimes Policies are for the server and how it will work. It doesn't have to do
>>> with
>>> the software on the PC.
>

> | Ah okay, IT or whomever still have network policies, user policies,
> | other servers and their policies, firewalls, yada yada, ... so what are
> | you attempting to say here... or are you ignoring regular/normal
> | internal and external controls...
>
> In reference to...
>
> > Implement the "Software Resriction Policy".
>

> You posted "Add to that Flash, JAVA, IRC, IM, and other restrictions/policies."
>
> You can't go restricting Flash and Java willy-nilly. There are reputable applications
> with requirements for both.
>
> As an example, I demonstrated Lotus SameTime which is an IM and is a Java applet and it is
> a secure, corporate, solution.

Oh duh, my bad, I mistakenly thought you were attempting to argue/show
some INABILITY to control these things within a corporate or other
intranet {or are you?}. Though again, even there, additional
cross-checks/security layers/restrictions are available which can be
applied within the intranet [your corporate present], so I guess we both
knew/know what we were talking about, we may not still understand what
the other meant if you continue to disagree. I DID say -quote *IT or
whomever* -end quote > is "in-charge"; they're *supposed* to know and
perform the functions they are paid to do.
No application or single server/service controls the corporation, it
is the corp that is SUPPOSED to control its own intranet, hence I see
ZERO excuse for botnets and/or their control services running from
within the corporate structure as has been repeatedly exposed.

From: Martins on
On May 6, 9:41 pm, "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nosp...(a)Verizon.Net>
wrote:

> Can you please elaborate.

In each classroom with, say, 12 computers, I loose lots of time
cleaning or uninstalling games.

I thought there would be something similar to anti-virus but
applicable to games.

Someone tries to install a game ... the computer refuses, erases the
files, shutsdown, whatever ... keeping games out of computers.

It is a plague in environments where computers are stand-alone devices
just connected to the Internet.

Thanks
Martins