From: Barry on
I received a PDF file of a Gantt chart. It shows an * after each date in
the early start column. Does this mean the date is constrained?
From: Andrew Lavinsky on
I think that's something you see in Primavera, but I haven't seen this in
Project - unless a user manually typed in the date w/ an asterisk into a
text field.

Are you sure you're not looking at a PDF of a Primavera schedule? I'd check
with whomever sent you the original schedule.

- Andrew Lavinsky
Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm

From: Andrew Lavinsky on
....to add to that last post....

Just thinking out loud, you could make this happen through formulas in MS
Project. Something like a custom text field with the following formula:

IIF([Constraint Date]<>ProjDateValue('NA'),[Early Start]&"*",[Early Start])

....but I'd still check with whomever sent it to you originally.

From: Barry on
Thanks. I assumed the schedule was Project, but it is a Primavera schedule.