First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
where is CentOS storing my hostname that it resets it on each reboot?
At Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:55:23 +0000 (UTC) Bit Twister <BitTwister(a)mouse-potato.com> wrote: On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 00:09:52 -0700 (PDT), Bennett Haselton wrote: I have a CentOS 5.4 machine that resets its hostname to "wyzantdb1.wyzant.net" every time I reboot the machine, even if I have tried setting t... 5 Apr 2010 14:58
Sharing $HOME between Ubuntu, Debian and CentOS
I would like to try several Linux distros to see if I like any one better than Ubuntu. I would have never thought about switching from Ubuntu, if not for bugs that Canonical does not want to fix. I would like to set up multiple boot on my laptop, booting Ubuntu, Debian Lenny and CentOS 5. I would like to know ho... 6 Apr 2010 15:18
where is CentOS storing my hostname that it resets it on eachreboot?
Bennett Haselton wrote: I have a CentOS 5.4 machine that resets its hostname to "wyzantdb1.wyzant.net" every time I reboot the machine, even if I have tried setting the hostname to something else while the machine is running. After I change it to what I want with the "hostname www.candyshadow.com" ... 12 Apr 2010 18:08
where is CentOS storing my hostname that it resets it on each reboot?
I have a CentOS 5.4 machine that resets its hostname to "wyzantdb1.wyzant.net" every time I reboot the machine, even if I have tried setting the hostname to something else while the machine is running. After I change it to what I want with the "hostname www.candyshadow.com" command, the "hostname" command does i... 12 Apr 2010 00:30
Are there any man pages for any of the system error messages?
Does anyone know of any repositories containing man pages for system error messages? I am looking for pages that document error messages and resolution. Manual pages for each of the error messages produced by the C library would be a good starting point for me. Has anyone written any such pages? I am also looki... 15 Apr 2010 16:58
Live CD to scan windows pc for a virus
Hello, i am looking for a linux live cd to scan windows pc for viruses. The linux image should include the necessary driver to mount windows ntfs and fat/fat32 filesystems but also the drivers for the usual linux filesystems. The linux image should consume only less resources (i.g. no X) to be able to run al... 8 Apr 2010 10:55
I am thinking about a dual boot with two linux distros one 32bit and the other 64 bit
trigonometry1972(a)gmail.com | wrote: I think I wait for the LT version of Unbuntu that is upcoming. If the download for Fedora.ISO, it maybe the other one. It seems there are 32 bit programs I still want that I haven't found in the 64 bit universe. Also wonder if I could make a "fixed version" of ... 4 Apr 2010 06:06
I am thinking about a dual boot with two linux distros one 32 bit and the other 64 bit
I think I wait for the LT version of Unbuntu that is upcoming. If the download for Fedora.ISO, it maybe the other one. It seems there are 32 bit programs I still want that I haven't found in the 64 bit universe. Also wonder if I could make a "fixed version" of a distro such as Unbuntu 9.04 or Federo 11 for Hul... 4 Apr 2010 06:06
linux network question
Dear All Please take a look this graph. http://forum2.kingofcoders.com/viewthread.php?tid=896&extra=page%3D1 The gateway server has two IP, one for the real IP from ISP, one for the 192.168.100.12. All the computers connected to the switch has an IP 192.168.100.X . And all the computer connected to the wirele... 3 Apr 2010 10:23
bash unresponsive
Ubuntu 9.10. From the prompt, the command cd /usr works. It does not work in a bash script. When I try as an alternative builtin cd /usr bash tells me "builtin not found". Where is the error or where is the problem? Just in case, bash has been re-installed to no avail. Thanks. frank ... 2 Apr 2010 22:35