From: xenufrance on
I've been unable to find out what could be the more or less average costs
per M2 - (or square foor ot square yard),whatever, in ink of large format
printers.

I mean, for photo printing, average tone.

Second question: is there a way to find out if some papers need much more or
much less inks than others?

I've asked to Canon support, but they seem to ignore what their machine
delivers, in relation to the paper choosen.

The machine I've access to is a Canon 6400PG, 24".

Thanks to those used to such printings.

From: Bob AZ on
On Dec 6, 1:47�am, "xenufrance" <xenufra...(a)free.fr> wrote:
> I've been unable to find out what could be the more or less average costs
> per M2 - (or square foor ot square yard),whatever, � in ink of large format
> printers.
>
> I mean, for photo printing, average tone.
>
> Second question: is there a way to find out if some papers need much more or
> much less inks than others?
> Thanks to those used to such printings.

I have two Epson large format printers. A 2200 and a 4800. They use on
the average 1 milliliter of ink for an 8-1/2" X 11" print. I use 220
ml cartridges and I change a cartridge about every 220 prints. I do 50
to 100 prints a week. Some weeks more and some weeks less. Mostly
Kirkland (Costco) paper. The rest is the house brand from
Inkjetart.com.

I don't worry about what papers use how much ink at all. I just look
at the overall picture and live with it. The cost per milliter is
factored into my pricing of my work. Along of course with all the
other consumables and my time etc.

Bob AZ