From: Tom Horne on
On Aug 8, 10:50 am, "Jon" <jon8...(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
> The electrical service goes to the house.  There are 3 underground 000
> cables that go to the barn from the house.  The barn has a 60 amp breaker in
> the breaker box at the house.  The 12,000 watt generator is in the barn..  It
> has a 50 amp 240vac outlet, a 30 amp 240vac outlet and several others.  I am
> hooking the 50 amp outlet to the house.  I am using the same 3 underground
> 000 cables to send generator power to the house during a power outage.
>
> A 90 amp contactor in the barn won't connect the generator to the house
> unless:
> 1. The electrical service to the house is off, and
> 2. The service disconnect switch at the house is off.
>
> When the generator is turned on, it tests the service disconnect at the
> house to assure the above two conditions are met.  This is done by sending a
> 1 second electrical pulse to the house to see if it will actuate a coil.  If
> the coil actuates, the 90 amp contactor latches open and prevents backfeed
> into the grid.  If the service power turns on during that 1 second, the
> generator power and service power will clash and throw a 50 amp breaker to
> the generator.
>
> http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon
You appear to have two control conductors going to the house panel
that are not the AWG 0 cables that you mentioned. Is that correct?
If it is you can fix this setup by using a shunt trip main breaker
with a pair of auxiliary contacts. If you actually interested in
anything other than trying to validate your existing setup let me
know.
--
Tom Horne
From: Tom Horne on
On Aug 8, 10:50 am, "Jon" <jon8...(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
> The electrical service goes to the house.  There are 3 underground 000
> cables that go to the barn from the house.  The barn has a 60 amp breaker in
> the breaker box at the house.  The 12,000 watt generator is in the barn..  It
> has a 50 amp 240vac outlet, a 30 amp 240vac outlet and several others.  I am
> hooking the 50 amp outlet to the house.  I am using the same 3 underground
> 000 cables to send generator power to the house during a power outage.
>
> A 90 amp contactor in the barn won't connect the generator to the house
> unless:
> 1. The electrical service to the house is off, and
> 2. The service disconnect switch at the house is off.
>
> When the generator is turned on, it tests the service disconnect at the
> house to assure the above two conditions are met.  This is done by sending a
> 1 second electrical pulse to the house to see if it will actuate a coil.  If
> the coil actuates, the 90 amp contactor latches open and prevents backfeed
> into the grid.  If the service power turns on during that 1 second, the
> generator power and service power will clash and throw a 50 amp breaker to
> the generator.
>
> http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html

Jon
You appear to have two or three control conductors between the two
buildings in addition to the three size ought conductors that you
already mentioned is that true? If it is there is a very practical
way to wire the interlock that has no likelihood of cross connecting
the utility and generator power. If you are interested in anything
other than validating or arguing about your present set up let us
know.
--
Tom Horne
From: a7yvm109gf5d1 on
On Aug 9, 5:23 pm, Tom Horne <horn...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 10:50 am, "Jon" <jon8...(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
>

> > The electrical service goes to the house.  There are 3 underground 000
> > cables that go to the barn from the house.  The barn has a 60 amp breaker in
> > the breaker box at the house.  The 12,000 watt generator is in the barn.  It
> > has a 50 amp 240vac outlet, a 30 amp 240vac outlet and several others.  I am
> > hooking the 50 amp outlet to the house.  I am using the same 3 underground
> > 000 cables to send generator power to the house during a power outage.
>
> > A 90 amp contactor in the barn won't connect the generator to the house
> > unless:
> > 1. The electrical service to the house is off, and
> > 2. The service disconnect switch at the house is off.
>
> > When the generator is turned on, it tests the service disconnect at the
> > house to assure the above two conditions are met.  This is done by sending a
> > 1 second electrical pulse to the house to see if it will actuate a coil..  If
> > the coil actuates, the 90 amp contactor latches open and prevents backfeed
> > into the grid.  If the service power turns on during that 1 second, the
> > generator power and service power will clash and throw a 50 amp breaker to
> > the generator.
>
> >http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html
>
> Jon
> You appear to have two control conductors going to the house panel
> that are not the AWG 0 cables that you mentioned.  Is that correct?
> If it is you can fix this setup  by using a shunt trip main breaker
> with a pair of auxiliary contacts.  If you actually interested in
> anything other than trying to validate your existing setup let me
> know.
> --
> Tom Horne

Unfortunately, Jonathan L Giffen suffers from mental illness.
He is heavily medicated and probably not receptive to logic or what
you would consider common sense.
Psychosis is a break from reality, like a waking dream state, with its
own logic and rules. While Jon is intelligent, he works by different
perceptions than you or me.

I would not encourage his experiments with mains power. He's dangerous
enough with alarm clocks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1885J18PY8I7S

http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Alarm-Clock-Selectable-Display/product-reviews/B000DZCRHQ?pageNumber=3

"I took this clock apart and wired it to ring a 95 decimal fire bell
when the alarm goes off. I have to admit I am impressed that the clock
still works even after all my wiring mistakes. Now I have myself a
good clock with a lowd alarm to wake me up."

Would you want someone taking this amount of psychoactive substances
near electricity?

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/jon8338/mypersonalsite/id5.html

Or someone that needs a "95 decimal fire bell" to wake up even with 30
cups of coffee a day?
From: Proteus IIV on
On Aug 9, 7:02 pm, a7yvm109gf...(a)netzero.com wrote:
> On Aug 9, 5:23 pm, Tom Horne <horn...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 8, 10:50 am, "Jon" <jon8...(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:
>
> > > The electrical service goes to the house.  There are 3 underground 000
> > > cables that go to the barn from the house.  The barn has a 60 amp breaker in
> > > the breaker box at the house.  The 12,000 watt generator is in the barn.  It
> > > has a 50 amp 240vac outlet, a 30 amp 240vac outlet and several others..  I am
> > > hooking the 50 amp outlet to the house.  I am using the same 3 underground
> > > 000 cables to send generator power to the house during a power outage..
>
> > > A 90 amp contactor in the barn won't connect the generator to the house
> > > unless:
> > > 1. The electrical service to the house is off, and
> > > 2. The service disconnect switch at the house is off.
>
> > > When the generator is turned on, it tests the service disconnect at the
> > > house to assure the above two conditions are met.  This is done by sending a
> > > 1 second electrical pulse to the house to see if it will actuate a coil.  If
> > > the coil actuates, the 90 amp contactor latches open and prevents backfeed
> > > into the grid.  If the service power turns on during that 1 second, the
> > > generator power and service power will clash and throw a 50 amp breaker to
> > > the generator.
>
> > >http://jons-math.bravehost.com/transfer.html
>
> > Jon
> > You appear to have two control conductors going to the house panel
> > that are not the AWG 0 cables that you mentioned.  Is that correct?
> > If it is you can fix this setup  by using a shunt trip main breaker
> > with a pair of auxiliary contacts.  If you actually interested in
> > anything other than trying to validate your existing setup let me
> > know.
> > --
> > Tom Horne
>
> Unfortunately, Jonathan L Giffen suffers from mental illness.
> He is heavily medicated and probably not receptive to logic or what
> you would consider common sense.
> Psychosis is a break from reality, like a waking dream state, with its
> own logic and rules. While Jon is intelligent, he works by different
> perceptions than you or me.
>
> I would not encourage his experiments with mains power. He's dangerous
> enough with alarm clocks.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1885J18PY8I7S
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Alarm-Clock-Selectable-Display/product...
>
> "I took this clock apart and wired it to ring a 95 decimal fire bell
> when the alarm goes off. I have to admit I am impressed that the clock
> still works even after all my wiring mistakes. Now I have myself a
> good clock with a lowd alarm to wake me up."
>
> Would you want someone taking this amount of psychoactive substances
> near electricity?
>
> http://mypeoplepc.com/members/jon8338/mypersonalsite/id5.html
>
> Or someone that needs a "95 decimal fire bell" to wake up even with 30
> cups of coffee a day?

I AM NO PHYSICIAN BUT
HE SOUNDS LIKE THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT A DOSE OR TWO OF LISERGIC ACID
WOULD SET HIS MENTAL STATE RIGHT
JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE ON HIS LITTLE PRIVATE TRIP THROUGH LA LA LAND IN
A ROOM FULL OF ART AND UPDATED ELECTRONIC GADGETRY [;)]

IF HE HITS THE RIGHT TONES ON HIS AUDIO SYSTEM HE MAY LEARN THE
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DECIMALS AND DECIBALS
TWAHAHAHA
TWEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

IAP
From: Proteus IIV on
On Aug 9, 7:51 pm, Proteus IIV <proteus...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 9, 7:02 pm, a7yvm109gf...(a)netzero.com wrote:

> > > Jon
> > > You appear to have two control conductors going to the house panel
> > > that are not the AWG 0 cables that you mentioned.  Is that correct?
> > > If it is you can fix this setup  by using a shunt trip main breaker
> > > with a pair of auxiliary contacts.  If you actually interested in
> > > anything other than trying to validate your existing setup let me
> > > know.
> > > --
> > > Tom Horne
>
> > Unfortunately, Jonathan L Giffen suffers from mental illness.
> > He is heavily medicated and probably not receptive to logic or what
> > you would consider common sense.
> > Psychosis is a break from reality, like a waking dream state, with its
> > own logic and rules. While Jon is intelligent, he works by different
> > perceptions than you or me.
>
> > I would not encourage his experiments with mains power. He's dangerous
> > enough with alarm clocks.
>
> >http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A1885J18PY8I7S
>
> >http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Alarm-Clock-Selectable-Display/product...
>
> > "I took this clock apart and wired it to ring a 95 decimal fire bell
> > when the alarm goes off. I have to admit I am impressed that the clock
> > still works even after all my wiring mistakes. Now I have myself a
> > good clock with a lowd alarm to wake me up."
>
> > Would you want someone taking this amount of psychoactive substances
> > near electricity?
>
> >http://mypeoplepc.com/members/jon8338/mypersonalsite/id5.html
>
> > Or someone that needs a "95 decimal fire bell" to wake up even with 30
> > cups of coffee a day?
>
> I AM NO PHYSICIAN BUT
> HE SOUNDS LIKE THE TYPE OF PERSON THAT A DOSE OR TWO OF LISERGIC ACID
> WOULD SET HIS MENTAL STATE RIGHT
> JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE ON HIS LITTLE PRIVATE TRIP THROUGH LA LA LAND IN
> A ROOM FULL OF ART AND UPDATED ELECTRONIC GADGETRY [;)]
>
> IF HE HITS THE RIGHT TONES ON HIS AUDIO SYSTEM HE MAY LEARN THE
> DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DECIMALS AND DECIBALS
> TWAHAHAHA
> TWEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
>
> IAP
OH OH