From: steve marchant on
Error message constantly pops up telling me a problem has been
encountered....and "please tell MS about this problem". Can anyone explain
the significance of this, and is the only way out of it to tell MS about it?

From: c.fiedler on
On Sat, 26 May 2007 20:09:07 +0100, "steve marchant"
<steve.c.marchant(a)tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>Error message constantly pops up telling me a problem has been
>encountered....and "please tell MS about this problem". Can anyone explain
>the significance of this, and is the only way out of it to tell MS about it?

Well, I, too got this message until I stopped MS automatic updates. I
have a Pentium 4 machine with Win XP SP2. Every time an update came
from MS (monthly), I would go to shut down so it could load, the
system would freeze and upon refire I would get that message about
Generic Host being buggered up. The system acted very strangely until
about five or six refires and then things settled out. It would never
advise MS of the problem.

Seems this is a known problem and will be fixed when they issue SP3
for Win XP.

I have a laptop with an Intel mobile processor and have had no such
problem.

Chuck Fiedler