From: sanok on

I had no problems with backups using Lacie external HD until now.
When running backup I'm getting to the point where
"preparing open files...please wait" message appears,
then I have a message in the bottom right corner: found new hardware:
generic volume shadow copy
then another message pops up: "The software you are installing for this
hardware has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility
with windows xp, hardware will not be installed"
Backup process freezes
The Lacie HD works OK when I click on it in my computer
Device manager shows no problems

thanks for any help

--
sanok
sanok's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/228701.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Twayne on
In news:sanok.4c2phb(a)DoNotSpam.com,
sanok <sanok.4c2phb(a)DoNotSpam.com> typed:
> I had no problems with backups using Lacie external HD
> until now.
> When running backup I'm getting to the point where
> "preparing open files...please wait" message appears,
> then I have a message in the bottom right corner: found new
> hardware: generic volume shadow copy
> then another message pops up: "The software you are
> installing for this hardware has not passed windows logo
> testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp,
> hardware will not be installed"
> Backup process freezes
> The Lacie HD works OK when I click on it in my computer
> Device manager shows no problems
>
> thanks for any help

There should be an "ignore" option for that message; it's just MS trying to
scare people into using their "approved" products. Read teh screens
carefully.