From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"senn" <senn(a)homeplace&.fix> wrote:

>In fact, windows 7 is a disguised Vista.

Indeed Windows 7 is a disguised Windows 3.1.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-01-18 10:20 a.m., Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:

>> In fact, windows 7 is a disguised Vista.
>
> Indeed Windows 7 is a disguised Windows 3.1.

... running on an emulator known as NT? :-)

Harry.

--
"I wish that, just once, some terrorist would try something that you can only
foil by upgrading the passengers to first class and giving them free drinks."
From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-01-18 1:59 a.m., senn wrote:

> The reason of what look likes to you of many more virus
> infections in IE browsers are surely a result of the very profound
> inegualities in market share. This inegualities is perhaps as profound
> as around 1 to 99 or till something around 5 to 99.

Actually not that high any more, if I remember the latest estimates correctly.
However, it is worth remembering that in this case the attackers were after
specific individuals, so they had to attack whatever software those individuals
were using. It is likely that, had the targets been using, say, Firefox, or
Chrome, the attackers would have been able to find a suitable vulnerability in
either of those browsers.

Harry.

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Harry Johnston [MVP]" <harry(a)scms.waikato.ac.nz> wrote:

>>> In fact, windows 7 is a disguised Vista.
>>
>> Indeed Windows 7 is a disguised Windows 3.1.
>
> ... running on an emulator known as NT? :-)

Hehehehe Details, details.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: cycle on
"Tony Toews [MVP]" wrote:

> Someone is still running IE 6?

Wishful thinking aside about 11.5% last month

source:
http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php