From: J French on
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:39:42 GMT, "mayayana"
<mayayanaXX1a(a)mindXXspring.com> wrote:

He is new as hell

- otherwise he would not be rude to old c*nts

Mostly, I reckon he'll get an answer
- we tend to chew on problems

Oddly, I like miscreants who work out well

They tend to get 'smart'
From: Grzegorz on
J French wrote:
> Have you waved my Window From Point sniffer over the Firefox URL
> dropdown Edit
>
> I don't really want to install FireFox myself

Frankly, I'm not burning with the desire to install Visual Basic for that. :)

--
677265676F727940346E6575726F6E732E636F6D
From: Grzegorz on
mayayana wrote:

> The OP had already made clear that he wanted a Windows
> approach, not a Mozilla approach. Maybe he hasn't thought it
> through, but I didn't see any reason to assume that. It just
> made sense to me that he's programming in Windows...he
> wants a window property...he shouldn't have to get into some
> 3rd-party API - and support files - to get that.

This is your subjective perception, as you admited yourself. And I believe your perception misleads you here.
The OP didn't say nor "made clear" in any way he want to use some specific approach. He wrote "He can't" use approach suggested by lallous, because he "can't install anything on the PC". That's entire difference. If he really said he didn't want to install anything because trashing a system with third party components is a bad idea (and he would be right) the discussion would be over.

Alf simply questioned inability of installing anything on a PC. Such inability is quite unusual thing and the OP didn't provide any reason for that. The form he used perhaps wasn't very fortunate but I wouldn't take it as rude. Nor, presumably, would anyone at comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 where Alf is well known and respected contributor. But I can try to imagine how it could be received by someone at comp.lang.basic.visual.misc who saw his post for the first time. Still it's not the reason for giving him more rude responces nor even starting this off-topic conversation I made the mistake getting involved into. But that's my last off-topic reply in this thread.

>Signature or not, he put it into his post.
I really don't know how to comment on this. I was certain you simply didn't notice it's a signature, otherwise you wouldn't comment it.

--
677265676F727940346E6575726F6E732E636F6D
From: mayayana on
I got to playing around with the Active Accessibility
approach. I don't know whether this is really a usable
solution, but it's interesting. This is VB6 code. I guess
it's about the same for VB5.
This code would need some adjustments for your
purpose, but this shows it can be done, at least.

As for AA, it's in Windows at least as far back as
Win98, but I'm not certain that it's always installed
by default.

Set the following code if a form named "F1":

Private Sub bHook_Click()
Hook
End Sub

Private Sub bUnhook_Click()
UnHook
End Sub

Place 2 buttons, as named above, with captions "hook" and
"unhook".

Place a textbox named "Text1"
-----------------------------------

In a module add this code (Reference to Accessibility needed in
Project -> References. Lib. is oleacc.dll. Set "Show hidden
Objects" in object browser if you want intellisense.)

Public Const EVENT_MIN = 1&
Private Const ROLE_COMBOBOX = &H2E&
Private Const OB_ACCELERATORCHANGE = &H8012&
Private Const SYS_ALERT = 2&
Public Const WINEVENT_SKIPOWNPROCESS = 2&
Public Const OB_REORDER = &H8004&

Private Declare Function SetWinEventHook Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal eventMin As
Long, ByVal eventMax As Long, ByVal hmodWinEventProc As Long, ByVal
pfnWinEventProc As Long, ByVal idProcess As Long, ByVal idThread As Long,
ByVal dwFlags As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function UnhookWinEvent Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal lHandle As
Long) As Long
Private Declare Function AccessibleObjectFromEvent Lib "oleacc" (ByVal HWnd
As Long, ByVal dwId As Long, ByVal dwChildId As Long, ppacc As IAccessible,
pvarChild As Variant) As Long

Private LHook As Long

Public Sub Hook()
Dim LRet As Long
LHook = SetWinEventHook(SYS_ALERT, OB_ACCELERATORCHANGE, 0&, AddressOf
WinEventFunc, 0, 0, WINEVENT_SKIPOWNPROCESS)
End Sub

Public Sub UnHook()
Dim LRet As Long
If LHook = 0 Then Exit Sub
LRet = UnhookWinEvent(LHook)
End Sub

Public Function WinEventFunc(ByVal HookHandle As Long, ByVal LEvent As Long,
ByVal HWnd As Long, ByVal idObject As Long, ByVal idChild As Long, ByVal
idEventThread As Long, ByVal dwmsEventTime As Long) As Long
Dim ObA As IAccessible
Dim LRet As Long
Dim V As Variant
Dim s As String, s1 As String, sName As String
On Error Resume Next

Select Case LEvent

Case OB_REORDER
LRet = AccessibleObjectFromEvent(HWnd, idObject, idChild, ObA, V)

If LRet = 0 Then
F1.Text1.Text = "--"
If CLng(ObA.accRole(V)) = 46 Then '-- combobox.
If ObA.accName(V) = "Location" Then
F1.Text1.Text = ObA.accValue(V)
End If
End If
End If

End Select
WinEventFunc = 0
End Function

-------------------------------

Open Firefox, run the project, click "Hook".
Edit the Firefox location bar.
You should see the text in Text1 keep up
with any changes you make in Firefox's
location bar.

From: Learner on
"mayayana" <mayayanaXX1a(a)mindXXspring.com> wrote in message news:Mwq2g.7665$sq5.4305(a)newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> [...]
> Dim LRet As Long
> Dim V As Variant
> Dim s As String, s1 As String, sName As String
> On Error Resume Next
>
> Select Case LEvent
>
> Case OB_REORDER
> LRet = AccessibleObjectFromEvent(HWnd, idObject, idChild, ObA, V)
>
> If LRet = 0 Then
> F1.Text1.Text = "--"
> If CLng(ObA.accRole(V)) = 46 Then '-- combobox.
> If ObA.accName(V) = "Location" Then
> F1.Text1.Text = ObA.accValue(V)
> End If
> End If
> End If
>
> End Select
> WinEventFunc = 0
> End Function

> Open Firefox, run the project, click "Hook".
> Edit the Firefox location bar.
> You should see the text in Text1 keep up

Thanks, I'll give it a go. Looks like it may be what I'm after! :)

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Changing removable disk label
Next: FileName from HWND