From: nkee1229 on
I have old emails archived in a PST file that I need to access, in addition
to the ones that I receive daily in my Mailbox. Isn't the purpose of having
archives or .PST files to get them off your exchange server when that gets
too full? I have multiple PST files because I've archived various items from
two different laptops in the past. And yet, I know I SHOULD be able to close
the .PST files, however, that doesn't seem to be the case...
From: Russ Valentine on
Slowly and painfully, more and more essential information trickles in.
I know of no good reason you need to use PST file while running against
Exchange Server. In fact, most Exchange Administrators frown on it. Exchange
Server has far more robust archiving capability than the local client does.
At any rate, none of this has any bearing on your initial post and I'd
suggest you discuss your issues with your Exchange Administrator and let him
or her figure out what you want to do. None of the known reasons users get
ghost PST files apply when you're running against Exchange Server.
--
Russ Valentine