From: nkee1229 on
The ghostbuster add-in http://addins.howto-outlook.com/codetwo_ghostbuster
worked wonders on two of my ghost files, HOWEVER, when I started
opening/consolidating more .PST files, three more ghosts appeared and here's
THE CATCH: The new ghost folders do not have names, so the plugin cannot find
them!!! When, I right-click on the folder, a menu option for "Close "
<0w#25>"" is available, but when I click on it, I get the error message, "You
cannot close the mailbox that containts your calendar, contacts, and inbox."
The thing is: this is NOT the main mailbox that contains the aforementioned
items (which are stored on my server). Secondly, when I try to expand those
folders to see what's inside, I get the error message, "Unable to expand the
folder. The set of folders could not be opened. Show help >>
(button)"

What now? I have screen shots that I can email, if you'd like to see them.
From: DL on
Create a new Outlook Profile, don't copy old, and set it as default
I assume all your pst files are on the local PC

From: nkee1229 on
Second problem: Okay, NOW I'm really panicking.

I tried to make a copy of my Master PST file, after having consolidated many
old .PSTs into one folder in Outlook. In order to make the copy, the .PST
file must be closed in Outlook, but when I go to close the folder, I get the
warning, "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I'm afraid if
I use the same Ghostbuster utility (described above), it will delete/corrupt
my Master PST file as well.

What can I do to close the folder in Outlook without harming the original
file?!
From: DL on
You simply close outlook, ensure outlook.exe is not a running process then
copy any pst to another location

From: nkee1229 on
The thing is: I am reluctant to create a whole new profile. Seems like a
pain... Any other way of wiping out the 3 mystery Ghosts? How did they get
created, anyway?