From: Tim Conway on

"Larry Thong" <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote in message
> Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon
> fiber
> tripod and Wimberley head. Damn, I did! I must admit this is going to
> open
> up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
> Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those
> low
> light situations. Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
> great portrait lens!!
>
> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>

COOL

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-04-05 16:34:38 -0700, "Larry Thong" <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> said:

> Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon fiber
> tripod and Wimberley head. Damn, I did! I must admit this is going to open
> up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
> Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those low
> light situations. Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
> great portrait lens!!
>
> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>

Cute puppy.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Bill Graham on

"Larry Thong" <larry_thong(a)shitstring.com> wrote in message
> Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon
> fiber
> tripod and Wimberley head. Damn, I did! I must admit this is going to
> open
> up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
> Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those
> low
> light situations. Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
> great portrait lens!!
>
> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>

She looks like my Meggie.....Long fine hair and whiskers that won't
quit.......

From: Nervous Nick on
On Apr 5, 6:34 pm, "Larry Thong" <larry_th...(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
> Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon fiber
> tripod and Wimberley head.  Damn, I did!  I must admit this is going to open
> up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
> Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those low
> light situations.  Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
> great portrait lens!!
>
> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>

It's a photo of a cat behind a screen.

--
YOP...
From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:56:53 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
<nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Apr 5, 6:34�pm, "Larry Thong" <larry_th...(a)shitstring.com> wrote:
>> Never did I think I would like shooting the good old 500/4 on a carbon fiber
>> tripod and Wimberley head. �Damn, I did! �I must admit this is going to open
>> up possibilities for shooting low and slow due to the rock solid support.
>> Nothing beats shooting handheld, but this will do a better job in those low
>> light situations. �Heck, even the old 500/4 and 1.4x TC at 700mm make a
>> great portrait lens!!
>>
>> <http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm261/Ritaberk/Grid.jpg>
>
>It's a photo of a cat behind a screen.

Thank you for pointing that out. I, for one, thought it was a
photograph of a screen with a cat behind it. I'm glad that you were
able to show me that I was wrong. It's so good that clever people are
reading this newsgroup.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
 |  Next  |  Last