From: mmyvusenet on
Hello:

Tonight I took these photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492633846/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492021095/

Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: Vance on
On Apr 5, 8:51 am, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Tonight I took these photos:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492633846/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492021095/
>
> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
> --
> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

The second shot is nice, but could use a crop in from the sides and
the bottom.

The first shot simply doesn't work. The worshippers have their
attention focused camera left, but on what? By moving to the right
you could have caught the altar and even though the backs of the
worshippers would be towards you, that would have tied the photo
together thematically.

Stop, think what am I trying to show and work out the shot from
there. With single, clearly isolated subjects, you can often let the
subject carry the photo wiith just basic visual balance. With several
elements that are thematically related and separated in space, that
won't work as well unless there is something out of the ordinary.

You shots are getting better.

Vance
From: mmyvusenet on
"Vance" <vance.lear(a)gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:aa60b607-ba70-4d00-9e5f-65690f600ea4(a)g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 5, 8:51 am, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> Tonight I took these photos:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492633846/
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492021095/
>>
>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>>
>> --
>> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com
>
> The second shot is nice, but could use a crop in from the sides and
> the bottom.
>
> The first shot simply doesn't work. The worshippers have their
> attention focused camera left, but on what? By moving to the right
> you could have caught the altar and even though the backs of the
> worshippers would be towards you, that would have tied the photo
> together thematically.
>
> Stop, think what am I trying to show and work out the shot from
> there. With single, clearly isolated subjects, you can often let the
> subject carry the photo wiith just basic visual balance. With several
> elements that are thematically related and separated in space, that
> won't work as well unless there is something out of the ordinary.
>
> You shots are getting better.

Hello, thanks for your comment, what do you think about this new photo?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4495213674/

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: Nervous Nick on
On Apr 5, 7:07 pm, M-M <nospam....(a)ny.more> wrote:
> In article <81v8fnF80...(a)mid.individual.net>,
>
>  "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> > Hello, thanks for your comment, what do you think about this new photo?
>
> Photographically speaking it looks like a picture of the floor.
>
> Why do you bother with posting?
>
> --
> m-mhttp://www.mhmyers.com

Cut him some slack. He's a chimpanzee.

--
YOP...
From: GMAN on
In article <81v8fnF80bU1(a)mid.individual.net>, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>"Vance" <vance.lear(a)gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de
>noticias:aa60b607-ba70-4d00-9e5f-65690f600ea4(a)g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...
>> On Apr 5, 8:51 am, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> Tonight I took these photos:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492633846/
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492021095/
>>>
>>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>>>
>>> --
>>> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com
>>
>> The second shot is nice, but could use a crop in from the sides and
>> the bottom.
>>
>> The first shot simply doesn't work. The worshippers have their
>> attention focused camera left, but on what? By moving to the right
>> you could have caught the altar and even though the backs of the
>> worshippers would be towards you, that would have tied the photo
>> together thematically.
>>
>> Stop, think what am I trying to show and work out the shot from
>> there. With single, clearly isolated subjects, you can often let the
>> subject carry the photo wiith just basic visual balance. With several
>> elements that are thematically related and separated in space, that
>> won't work as well unless there is something out of the ordinary.
>>
>> You shots are getting better.
>

>Hello, thanks for your comment, what do you think about this new photo?
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4495213674/

What do "I" think? I think about the millions of people who were told to
join the catholic church or die throughout the millenia. Millions "DID" die
!!!!