From: mmyvusenet on
"Vance" <vance.lear(a)gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:c2cbf21e-11ae-44cb-bd89-113a04cb12ec(a)z6g2000yqz.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 5, 4:01 pm, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>> "Vance" <vance.l...(a)gmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de
>> noticias:aa60b607-ba70-4d00-9e5f-65690f600...(a)g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...

>> > The second shot is nice, but could use a crop in from the sides and
>> > the bottom.
>>
>> > The first shot simply doesn't work. The worshippers have their
>> > attention focused camera left, but on what? By moving to the right
>> > you could have caught the altar and even though the backs of the
>> > worshippers would be towards you, that would have tied the photo
>> > together thematically.
>>
>> > Stop, think what am I trying to show and work out the shot from
>> > there. With single, clearly isolated subjects, you can often let the
>> > subject carry the photo wiith just basic visual balance. With several
>> > elements that are thematically related and separated in space, that
>> > won't work as well unless there is something out of the ordinary.
>>
>> > You shots are getting better.
>>
>> Hello, thanks for your comment, what do you think about this new photo?
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4495213674/
>>
>> --
>> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com- Hide quoted text -

> With that crop it's a much more solid picture. More focused and more
> interesting overall. Keep it up.
>
> Vance

Hello, thanks, I always will try to improve.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: Chris H on
In message <821a2iFgcrU1(a)mid.individual.net>, mmyvusenet
<mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> writes
>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
>noticias:8phmr51sc01rcl1m859dkvjb7jushovapa(a)4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:18:22 +0100, bugbear
>> <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

>>>A more varied theme might provide more interest.
>>>
>>> BugBear
>>
>> I think this is a lost cause. It's obvious that Miguel is only
>> interested in photographing church scenes. That's his choice. He's
>> not asking for suggestions on what to photograph; he's asking for
>> suggestions on composition of what he chooses to photograph.
>>
>> I don't see anything wrong with that. If I submit something for
>> critique, I really don't want people telling me that they don't like
>> the subject matter. Would you?

As a single item or as a portfolio?

>Hello Tony, this is like you say, because normally in Lima, during Holy
>Week, there are several scenes in Parishes, and I wanted to take advantage
>to improve in photography,

So far so good. Then....

> trying to show of the best possible form, the
>feeling toward the search for God, according to the message of the day that
>I understand according to the Bible.

You are mixing photography with religion again.

Also it is "the religion of pedophiles and child abusers". Now is not a
good time to start asking for criticism of Catholic imagery with the
Pope and many bishops, cardinals and priests on trial, figuratively or
literally. There are very many who have very good reasons to be very
angry at the moment with the Catholic Church.

As suggest you could try a mixture of images? I have not seen you post
anything other Catholic images over the last few months.

From: mmyvusenet on
"Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:q2ZsL$MKk3uLFAgM(a)phaedsys.demon.co.uk...
> In message <821a2iFgcrU1(a)mid.individual.net>, mmyvusenet
> <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> writes
>>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
>>noticias:8phmr51sc01rcl1m859dkvjb7jushovapa(a)4ax.com...

>>> I think this is a lost cause. It's obvious that Miguel is only
>>> interested in photographing church scenes. That's his choice. He's
>>> not asking for suggestions on what to photograph; he's asking for
>>> suggestions on composition of what he chooses to photograph.
>>>
>>> I don't see anything wrong with that. If I submit something for
>>> critique, I really don't want people telling me that they don't like
>>> the subject matter. Would you?
>
> As a single item or as a portfolio?
>
>>Hello Tony, this is like you say, because normally in Lima, during Holy
>>Week, there are several scenes in Parishes, and I wanted to take advantage
>>to improve in photography,
>
> So far so good. Then....
>
>> trying to show of the best possible form, the
>>feeling toward the search for God, according to the message of the day
>>that
>>I understand according to the Bible.
>
> You are mixing photography with religion again.
>
> Also it is "the religion of pedophiles and child abusers". Now is not a
> good time to start asking for criticism of Catholic imagery with the
> Pope and many bishops, cardinals and priests on trial, figuratively or
> literally. There are very many who have very good reasons to be very
> angry at the moment with the Catholic Church.
>
> As suggest you could try a mixture of images? I have not seen you post
> anything other Catholic images over the last few months

Hello, in my country Easter is almost a national holiday, because
Catholicism is part of the culture of my country. When I can, I try to take
photos in old temple in the historic center of Lima, but now I had thought
of moving to another matter.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: GMAN on
In article <821g1pFm5eU1(a)mid.individual.net>, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>"Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> escribi� en el mensaje de
>noticias:q2ZsL$MKk3uLFAgM(a)phaedsys.demon.co.uk...
>> In message <821a2iFgcrU1(a)mid.individual.net>, mmyvusenet
>> <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> writes
>>>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
>>>noticias:8phmr51sc01rcl1m859dkvjb7jushovapa(a)4ax.com...

>> As a single item or as a portfolio?
>>
>>>Hello Tony, this is like you say, because normally in Lima, during Holy
>>>Week, there are several scenes in Parishes, and I wanted to take advantage
>>>to improve in photography,
>>
>> So far so good. Then....
>>
>>> trying to show of the best possible form, the
>>>feeling toward the search for God, according to the message of the day
>>>that
>>>I understand according to the Bible.
>>
>> You are mixing photography with religion again.
>>
>> Also it is "the religion of pedophiles and child abusers". Now is not a
>> good time to start asking for criticism of Catholic imagery with the
>> Pope and many bishops, cardinals and priests on trial, figuratively or
>> literally. There are very many who have very good reasons to be very
>> angry at the moment with the Catholic Church.
>>
>> As suggest you could try a mixture of images? I have not seen you post
>> anything other Catholic images over the last few months
>

>Hello, in my country Easter is almost a national holiday, because
>Catholicism is part of the culture of my country. When I can, I try to take
>photos in old temple in the historic center of Lima, but now I had thought
>of moving to another matter.

Its a part of the culture of your country due to the fact that centuries ago,
your beloved catholic church threatened and did burn or kill thousands upon
thousands of people who refused to be forced to convert.

From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:10:18 +0100, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:

>In message <821a2iFgcrU1(a)mid.individual.net>, mmyvusenet
><mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> writes
>>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
>>noticias:8phmr51sc01rcl1m859dkvjb7jushovapa(a)4ax.com...

>>> I think this is a lost cause. It's obvious that Miguel is only
>>> interested in photographing church scenes. That's his choice. He's
>>> not asking for suggestions on what to photograph; he's asking for
>>> suggestions on composition of what he chooses to photograph.
>>>
>>> I don't see anything wrong with that. If I submit something for
>>> critique, I really don't want people telling me that they don't like
>>> the subject matter. Would you?
>
>As a single item or as a portfolio?
>
>>Hello Tony, this is like you say, because normally in Lima, during Holy
>>Week, there are several scenes in Parishes, and I wanted to take advantage
>>to improve in photography,
>
>So far so good. Then....
>
>> trying to show of the best possible form, the
>>feeling toward the search for God, according to the message of the day that
>>I understand according to the Bible.
>
>You are mixing photography with religion again.

Of course he is, but what's wrong with that? If your interest is
photographing classic automobiles, sports, or Morris dancing, you are
mixing your personal interests with photography. That's what most of
us do when we are amateur photographers...we photograph what is of
interest to us.

It's also a hypocritical position for you to take. Your profile in
this photography newsgroup is one of bringing in politics and jingoism
that is not related in any way to photography.

>Also it is "the religion of pedophiles and child abusers". Now is not a
>good time to start asking for criticism of Catholic imagery with the
>Pope and many bishops, cardinals and priests on trial, figuratively or
>literally. There are very many who have very good reasons to be very
>angry at the moment with the Catholic Church.

The subject of photography and the subject of the behavior of some of
the subject matter is an entirely inappropriate marriage. Taking your
position, one should not be photographing the Notre Dame de Paris
because it is a Catholic edifice. One should not photograph the
people in St Peter's Square because the crowds are nominally Catholic.

I'd hate to see you turned loose in the Uffizi because you'd ask for
suppression of the great works of art because you feel they are
"Catholic imagery". You were born a few centuries too late. You'd
have found a home in Cromwell's army.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida