From: bugbear on
mmyvusenet wrote:
> That may sound very nice, but that is not according to the Bible:
>
> "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some
> is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day
> approaching." (Hebrews 10:25, King James Version)
>
> And finally a true Christian must follow the Word of God.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/drlaura.asp

I've always liked that one.

BugBear
From: Chris H on
In message <z-mdnb8_scxpDyDWnZ2dnUVZ8tti4p2d(a)brightview.co.uk>, bugbear
<bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> writes
>mmyvusenet wrote:
>> That may sound very nice, but that is not according to the Bible:
>> "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner
>>of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye
>>see the day approaching." (Hebrews 10:25, King James Version)
>> And finally a true Christian must follow the Word of God.

By definition Christians are not following the word of God.

As I have had confirmed by many who do "know God" that God is not a
Christian. Christianity is apparently a False Religion.

>http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/drlaura.asp
>I've always liked that one.

Outstanding. :-)

From: Chris Malcolm on
James Nagler <jnagler(a)spamproofed.net> wrote:

> As long as you attend any catholic church for any reason you are supporting
> their policies. Those who refuse to walk through their doors are not in
> support of their doctrine. You are no less of a pedophile than he who
> committed those acts by supporting the foundation that allows it to
> continue.

I attended a Catholic Church because that was where the funeral of a
Catholic friend was held. So according to you that makes us both
pedophiles. I'm glad I don't live on your planet. I hope that replying
to your post hasn't made me an idiot as well.

--
Chris Malcolm
From: Chris Malcolm on
GMAN <Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org> wrote:
> In article <fodpr55fbd76cisisqsj8sch1cuoqho185(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>>BTW, the word "Catholic", in this context is capitalized as a proper
>>noun. To write "catholic" is a sign of ignorance of the language and
>>not an indication of approval or disapproval of the religion.

> Because you say so? Maybe some of us don't feel they deserve any respect.

And also have no respect for the English language.

--
Chris Malcolm
From: Chris Malcolm on
tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> The word "catholic" is an adverb. The word "Catholic" is a noun.

<cough>

--
Chris Malcolm