From: James Nagler on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:02:10 +0100, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:

>I have attended marriages and funerals at a variety of religious temple
>of many religions. It does not mean I supported or attended/joined any
>of them. I was there as a guest of one of the participants.

Yes it does. If you refuse to go and explain why then those that invited
you, that do support that foundation, would have to question their actions.
If everyone that was invited into a church that supported the abuse of
children and refused to go into that church, that foundation that supports
the abuse would cease to exist within one week. You all have the power to
stop it, but you don't. When I am invited to attend any ceremony whatsoever
in any place of worship, and if I do not agree with the tenets of that
place of worship, I send those people a letter or tell them in person
exactly why I will be unable to attend their "holy" event, lest I be a
hypocrite too. Let it lie on their conscience and shoulders of just exactly
what they are supporting and promoting. Anyone is just as guilty of
supporting child abuse for supporting a marriage taking place under that
roof as those that choose that foundation for their marriage--hypocrites,
one and all.

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:25:00 +0100, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:

>>One abandons their faith - as I have - because they no
>>longer believe in the concepts of the faith.
>
>SO it is that YOU no longer believe not because many of the priest are
>Pedophiles.

That's correct. I lost my belief in the concept of faith long before
I was aware of any problems of abuse.

>You can still believe in God without being a Catholic. Belief in God is
>a faith. Belief in the Church is a religion.

That's a remarkably intelligent statement for you. Belief in God is
faith (not "a faith"), and belief in a particular church is a
religion.

In my case, I lost my belief in God and no longer saw a need or a
reason to participate in a church.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 14:43:32 -0500, James Nagler
<jnagler(a)spamproofed.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:02:10 +0100, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:

> When I am invited to attend any ceremony whatsoever
>in any place of worship, and if I do not agree with the tenets of that
>place of worship, I send those people a letter or tell them in person
>exactly why I will be unable to attend their "holy" event,

I'm sure you receive a lot of invitations.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:25:49 GMT, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org
(GMAN) wrote:

>In article <1giqr594p2c4c7pvnumq0430sj0oc6nq34(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>>On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:27:02 -0500, James Nagler
>><jnagler(a)spamproofed.net> wrote:

>>>When catholics and all other christians learn to respect and honor the
>>>belief systems, Gods, and Goddesses of all other cultures by also
>>>capitalizing their Gods and Goddesses, perhaps they'll eventually earn the
>>>respect to have their title capitalized again some day. They have zero
>>>respect for anyone else on the planet so they deserve zero respect in
>>>return.
>>>
>>>Perhaps we should cut off one of your wife's breast with a rusty knife
>>>while she is still alive and play a game of stick-ball with it so we can be
>>>more "christian".
>>
>>Your contribution is appreciated. Whenever I think some of the other
>>posters here are hopelessly ignorant, along comes someone like you to
>>make them look like Mensa candidates by comparison.
>>

>And some here think you are an arrogant prick!

I will give your opinion the attention it deserves.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 16:31:26 +0100, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:

>In message <1Amvn.32611$pj7.29288(a)en-nntp-15.dc1.easynews.com>, GMAN
><Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org> writes
>>In article <1giqr594p2c4c7pvnumq0430sj0oc6nq34(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
>><tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>>>Your contribution is appreciated. Whenever I think some of the other
>>>posters here are hopelessly ignorant, along comes someone like you to
>>>make them look like Mensa candidates by comparison.
>>>

>>And some here think you are an arrogant prick!
>
>I would not say that. He just will not admit to himself that it is his
>own Church that is one of the main single sources of pedophiles globally
>and the institution, including his own church covers it up.
>
>I don't think you could find any other organisation that has such a high
>number or percentage of pedophiles and child abusers.

Masons?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida