From: Vance on
On Apr 5, 4:01 pm, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> "Vance" <vance.l...(a)gmail.com> escribió en el mensaje de
> noticias:aa60b607-ba70-4d00-9e5f-65690f600...(a)g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...
>

> > On Apr 5, 8:51 am, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvuse...(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> >> Hello:
>
> >> Tonight I took these photos:
>
> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492633846/
>
> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492021095/
>
> >> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
> >> --
> >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com
>
> > The second shot is nice, but could use a crop in from the sides and
> > the bottom.
>
> > The first shot simply doesn't work.  The worshippers have their
> > attention focused camera left, but on what?  By moving to the right
> > you could have caught the altar and even though the backs of the
> > worshippers would be towards you, that would have tied the photo
> > together thematically.
>
> > Stop, think what am I trying to show and work out the shot from
> > there.  With single, clearly isolated subjects, you can often let the
> > subject carry the photo wiith just basic visual balance.  With several
> > elements that are thematically related and separated in space, that
> > won't work as well unless there is something out of the ordinary.
>
> > You shots are getting better.
>
> Hello, thanks for your comment, what do you think about this new photo?
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4495213674/
>
> --
> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com- Hide quoted text -

With that crop it's a much more solid picture. More focused and more
interesting overall. Keep it up.

Vance
From: bugbear on
mmyvusenet wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Tonight I took these photos:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492633846/
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492021095/
>
> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.

A more varied theme might provide more interest.

BugBear
From: Chris H on
In message <QvWdnSx5vc7DYSfWnZ2dnUVZ7rpi4p2d(a)brightview.co.uk>, bugbear
<bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> writes
>mmyvusenet wrote:
>> Hello:
>> Tonight I took these photos:
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492633846/
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492021095/
>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
>A more varied theme might provide more interest.

Agreed.

From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:18:22 +0100, bugbear
<bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:

>mmyvusenet wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> Tonight I took these photos:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492633846/
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492021095/
>>
>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
>A more varied theme might provide more interest.
>
> BugBear

I think this is a lost cause. It's obvious that Miguel is only
interested in photographing church scenes. That's his choice. He's
not asking for suggestions on what to photograph; he's asking for
suggestions on composition of what he chooses to photograph.

I don't see anything wrong with that. If I submit something for
critique, I really don't want people telling me that they don't like
the subject matter. Would you?

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: mmyvusenet on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:8phmr51sc01rcl1m859dkvjb7jushovapa(a)4ax.com...
> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:18:22 +0100, bugbear
> <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote:
>
>>mmyvusenet wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> Tonight I took these photos:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492633846/
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4492021095/
>>>
>>> Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>>
>>A more varied theme might provide more interest.
>>
>> BugBear
>
> I think this is a lost cause. It's obvious that Miguel is only
> interested in photographing church scenes. That's his choice. He's
> not asking for suggestions on what to photograph; he's asking for
> suggestions on composition of what he chooses to photograph.
>
> I don't see anything wrong with that. If I submit something for
> critique, I really don't want people telling me that they don't like
> the subject matter. Would you?
>
> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Hello Tony, this is like you say, because normally in Lima, during Holy
Week, there are several scenes in Parishes, and I wanted to take advantage
to improve in photography, trying to show of the best possible form, the
feeling toward the search for God, according to the message of the day that
I understand according to the Bible.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com