From: Jeff Strickland on
I'm finding that my Reply to posts from Google Groups does not insert the <
symbol to properly attribute the various levels of response.

I'm posting in Plain Text, and I have the Ignore Sending Format and Reply in
Plain Text setting selected.

I think that because Google Groups is an HTML experience, and I'm posting in
Plain Text, OE is stripping out necessary information for it to know where
the < symbol belings.

I notice that some others also have the same problem as I'm having, but I
also see that there are OE users that are not having the trouble I have.

I don't know when the trouble started, but I want to say it happened when I
loaded SP3. I can't say for certain that this is the proper timing, but
that's my instinct. I might have started this problem with Internet Explorer
8 -- I made significant changes to my machine and put in SP3 and IE8 at
about the same time. I have the same problem with any Google Groups message
that I reply to on any newsgroup that I belong to.

If anybody is posting with OE, and has XP Pro w/SP3, and replies to Google
Groups posters, and does not have to manually attribute the comments, I'd
like to know what your settings are.

I have
XP Pro w/SP3, OE6, IE8

From: ChrisCoaster on
On Sep 17, 6:41 pm, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrj...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm finding that my Reply to posts from Google Groups does not insert the <
> symbol to properly attribute the various levels of response.
>
> I'm posting in Plain Text, and I have the Ignore Sending Format and Reply in
> Plain Text setting selected.
>
> I think that because Google Groups is an HTML experience, and I'm posting in
> Plain Text, OE is stripping out necessary information for it to know where
> the < symbol belings.
>
> I notice that some others also have the same problem as I'm having, but I
> also see that there are OE users that are not having the trouble I have.
>
> I don't know when the trouble started, but I want to say it happened when I
> loaded SP3. I can't say for certain that this is the proper timing, but
> that's my instinct. I might have started this problem with Internet Explorer
> 8 -- I made significant changes to my machine and put in SP3 and IE8 at
> about the same time. I have the same problem with any Google Groups message
> that I reply to on any newsgroup that I belong to.
>
> If anybody is posting with OE, and has XP Pro w/SP3, and replies to Google
> Groups posters, and does not have to manually attribute the comments, I'd
> like to know what your settings are.
>
> I have
> XP Pro w/SP3, OE6, IE8

That's why I stopped downloading updates!

One time it replaced my entire Vista OS, and all my default programs
and USB devices had to be reloaded.

By the way Jeff my images looked purplish in Windows Photo Gallery
long before that update fiasco. :)

-CC