From: Hillbilly on
Google has implemented integration with Twitter feeds in an iFrame returned
with search results.

search: ces 2010

Observe the 5th or so result "Latest results for ces 2010- Pause" and see
why these guys are clearly becoming the most advanced and sophisticated
developers on the planet when it comes to innovation. I only bring this up
because its getting embarassing we're so far behind in all that matters to
the customers that would hire us.

So the question here is what are you saying to savvy customers to win
projects these days?

From: Tom Dacon on
Troll

From: Gregory A. Beamer on
"Hillbilly" <nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote in

> Google has implemented integration with Twitter feeds in an iFrame
> returned with search results.
>
> search: ces 2010

First off, putting an iframe with a twitter feed is not really that
impressive, as it is quite easy to poll with JavaScript. There are
plenty of sites using the Twitter feed concept that update.

If this is evidence of the vast superiority of Google developers, then
you are easily impressed with very simple wizardry and need to reduce
your awe level. ;-)

> Observe the 5th or so result "Latest results for ces 2010- Pause" and
> see why these guys are clearly becoming the most advanced and
> sophisticated developers on the planet when it comes to innovation. I
> only bring this up because its getting embarassing we're so far behind
> in all that matters to the customers that would hire us.

I disagree.

> So the question here is what are you saying to savvy customers to win
> projects these days?

Frankly, there is more than enough work out there if you are talented.
You are not going to land the hire a coder jobs, in general, as some kid
in India will do it for 3 cents an hour, so that end of the spectrum is
out. You are also probably not going to get the high end, million
transactions an hour jobs, unless that is what you do. In the middle of
these two book ends, there is plenty of work.

One of the main things is having confidence and the perserverence to
continue when someone says no.

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |
From: Gregory A. Beamer on
"Tom Dacon" <tdacon(a)community.nospam> wrote in news:Ouuy1YwjKHA.340
@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

> Troll

Hillbilly can be a "troll" at times, but I think he is truly asking a
question this time. I am not overly impressed with his example, however.
;-)

Peace and Grace,

--
Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

Twitter: @gbworld

| Think outside the box! |
From: Hillbilly on
From a business perspective it's indicative of how Google puts it right out
there iteratively and has mastered the appearance of not making everybody
wait around with their head stuck up their @ss waiting for a yearly
announcement from an old fat bald man.

AFIC Google just signed the death warrant for IE Accellerators and is now
positioned to reinforce their dominion of the page enabling the use of Web
Services to implement what we call PIP when talking about the analog which
has been implemented on TV.

And what do you say to somebody when you need SharePoint functionality that
Google is now beginning to provide free but Microsoft still apparently wants
a $30,000 down payment to get started?

Its evidence of something all right. And I have customers asking these
questions I do not know how to answer.