From: CJB on
What 0800 no. are free on various mobile networks?

I have just seen a notice that certain 0800 nos. are free on O2,
Virgin, T-Mobile, Orange, and Vodaphone, BUT NOT on Three.

Presumably though you need some top-up credit for a connection though?

On Giggaff apparently all 0800 nos. are free, as they are on BT
landlines.

CJB.
From: Steve Wyles on
On 18/06/2010 10:14, CJB wrote:
> What 0800 no. are free on various mobile networks?
>
> I have just seen a notice that certain 0800 nos. are free on O2,
> Virgin, T-Mobile, Orange, and Vodaphone, BUT NOT on Three.
>
> Presumably though you need some top-up credit for a connection though?
>
> On Giggaff apparently all 0800 nos. are free, as they are on BT
> landlines.

Three ARE doing this as well, as announced 19th Feb 2010 on their website.

http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/Noticeboard?content_mode=Notice_P&content_aid=1220455823922_1

"Free Department of Work & Pensions helplines
15:00 19/02/2010
Some ‘0800’ numbers for DWP are now free to call from your mobile. The
services that are free include initial claims calls for those seeking
Jobseekers Allowance, State Pension, and Employment and Support Allowance."

Steve

From: Steve Terry on
"CJB" <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> On Giggaff apparently all 0800 nos. are free, as they are on BT
> landlines.
> CJB.

They are indeed, and very handy for calling 0800 callthroughs.
Still haven't used up the original tenner online top up and don't
expect to ever do so

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: Steve Terry on
"CJB" <chrisjbrady(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> What 0800 no. are free on various mobile networks?

If you have inclusive 01 / 02 geo access, then you can use
callthoughs like 02002220700 to call any 0800 number with

Steve Terry

From: pebkac on
On 2010-06-18 05:14:30 -0400, CJB said:

> What 0800 no. are free on various mobile networks?
>
> I have just seen a notice that certain 0800 nos. are free on O2,
> Virgin, T-Mobile, Orange, and Vodaphone, BUT NOT on Three.
>
> Presumably though you need some top-up credit for a connection though?
>
> On Giggaff apparently all 0800 nos. are free, as they are on BT
> landlines.
>
> CJB.

o2 has a list of the 0800 numbers that are free to call:
http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/freenumbers

When I was an Orange pay-monthly customer, all 0800 numbers were free -
I remember one of the "cheap calls" companies used them as access
numbers, and Orange would block the access numbers every week or so,
and the company would just issue a new one. So they were allowed unless
individually blocked. Though that may have changed since then.....