From: Paul Smith on
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Teodor Carstea <teodorcarstea(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>>C++ doesn't have a way to "initialize graphics mode"
>
> Well, this is the way I do it in C++:
>
> #include <graphics.h>
> void main(){
>  //initializing graphics mode
>        int gdriver=DETECT, gmode, errorcode;
>  initgraph(&gdriver, &gmode, "C:\\Progra~1\\BORLANDC\\BGI");
>  errorcode = graphresult();
>  if(errorcode!=grOk) {
>       cout<<"Graphics error!!!\n"
>           <<"Press any key...";
>       getch();
>       exit(1);
>  }
> //...
> //AND HERE IS DA MAIN PROGRAM CODE.
> //...
> }
>
> I'd like to make my ruby prog like this. Any Ideas?
> P.S.: If you have an idea, please describe it in a way you would talk to
> a noob, for I'm really green. Plus, I use Ubuntu, no comment.

I'm really confused.

You use Ubuntu, but you have a C:\ drive?

You use ubuntu, and therefore have access to gcc, but use the Borland
compiler instead?

I think the best thing is for you to forget this 'graphics mode' and
instead look at a library like rubygame.
http://rubygame.org/wiki/Getting_started

> Thanks!

Paul Smith
http://www.nomadicfun.co.uk

paul(a)pollyandpaul.co.uk

From: Teodor Carstea on
>Same way as in C++: find a graphics library you like, learn to use it.

ok, I'll try to find it. I use NetBeans, could you drive me step by
step?

Thanks!

From: Marnen Laibow-Koser on
Teodor Carstea wrote:
>>Same way as in C++: find a graphics library you like, learn to use it.
>
> ok, I'll try to find it. I use NetBeans,

Your IDE is irrelevant. (But consider abandoning NetBeans and using
something like KomodoEdit.)

> could you drive me step by
> step?

No. That's not what this list is for. If you need that kind of
handholding, buy a book.

> Thanks!

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org

From: Teodor Carstea on
>Your IDE is irrelevant. (But consider abandoning NetBeans and using
>something like KomodoEdit.)
>No. That's not what this list is for. If you need that kind of
>handholding, buy a book.

well, well, it is truly offensive, but it makes me go stronger and
further.

and.... I'm not gonna buy ANY books.

"The best friend for you is yourself" (Louis Armstrong)

Thanks!

From: brabuhr on
On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Teodor Carstea <teodorcarstea(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I use Ubuntu

Google: "ruby graphics":
http://www.greaterbostonrubyandrails.com/RubyGraphics.html