From: "Juan R." González-Álvarez on
Sam Wormley wrote on Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:48:32 +0000:

> Juan R. González-Álvarez wrote:
>> Albertito wrote on Fri, 28 Nov 2008 11:33:19 -0800:

>>> what misunderstandings?
>>
>> 1) For example, gravitional waves are prediction of relativity.
>>
>> 2) Since, gravitational waves will never be observed, its
>> non-observation never will contradict relativity!
>>

> Black hoes are predicted by GTR... Have we ever seen black holes? No!
> But we see their paw prints! We measure their properties.
>

> "A binary pulsar found in 1974 by the American physicists Russell
> Hulse and Joseph Taylor of Princeton University, a discovery for
> which they shared the 1993 Nobel prize in physics. It consists of a
> pulsar (a neutron star) with a pulsation period of 59 milliseconds
> (equal to 17 pulses per second) and a companion that move around each
> other in an elongated orbit (period 7.75 hours, periastron 1.1 Rsun,
> apastron 4.8 Rsun).
>
> "Although the nature of the companion is not known for certain, it is
> thought to have the same mass as the pulsar (1.4 Msun) and so is
> probably also a neutron star. The orbit is gradually shrinking, by
> about 3.1 mm per orbit, because of gravitational waves as predicted
> by the general theory of relativity.
>
> "This will cause the two stars to merge – about 300 million years
> from now. The extreme density and small orbital radius of this system
> results in a huge orbital precession of 4.2° per year, exactly in
> agreement with the value predicted by the general theory of
> relativity. Indeed, PSR 1913+16 has proved to be a rich
> testing-ground for gravitational theories.
>
> "One interesting aspect is that the period of the orbit is gradually
> shortening as the pulsars spiral towards each other. This implies a
> loss of energy, similar to that of an artificial satellite as its
> orbit gradually decays due to atmospheric drag; the rate at which the
> decay is happening is consistent with the radiation of energy via
> gravitational waves, again as predicted by Einstein's theory".

Relax

--
http://www.canonicalscience.org/
From: "Juan R." González-Álvarez on
Sam Wormley wrote on Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:52:52 +0000:

> As I said, you misunderstand the significance of Russell Hulse and
> Joseph Taylor's work with PSR 1913+16.

Both received a Nobel for discovering of the famous binary pulsar, just
that.

1) Gravitational waves have been never detected. Everything about
pulsar is about indirect tests.

2) Last high precision observations reveals that binary pulsar is
better
described by non-geometrical theory of gravity which gives the same
prediction than GR more a 1% excess cannot be explained using GR.

--
http://www.canonicalscience.org/
From: "Juan R." González-Álvarez on
Sam Wormley wrote on Sat, 29 Nov 2008 17:56:24 +0000:

>> Relax
>>

> I was all along.

Relax more :-)

--
http://www.canonicalscience.org/
From: "Juan R." González-Álvarez on
eric gisse wrote on Sat, 29 Nov 2008 08:29:18 -0900:

> On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 18:01:33 +0100 (CET), "Juan R." González-Álvarez
> <juanREMOVE(a)canonicalscience.com> wrote:
>
>>Sam Wormley wrote on Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:52:52 +0000:
>>
>>> As I said, you misunderstand the significance of Russell Hulse and
>>> Joseph Taylor's work with PSR 1913+16.
>>
>>Both received a Nobel for discovering of the famous binary pulsar, just
>>that.
>
> No, they recieved the Nobel for discovering that the pulsar's components
> were decaying exactly in accordance with general relativity's prediction
> of gravitational radiation.

Crackpot, why do you insist on trying to find a mistake in my posts?

Do you feel some need to be permanently ridiculed in public? :-)

From the Nobel commite:

(\blockquote
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the Nobel
Prize Physics for 1993 jointly to Russell A. Hulse and Joseph H. Taylor,
Jr, both of Princeton University, New Jersey, USA *FOR* the discovery of
a new type of pulsar, a discovery that has opened up new possibilities
for the study of gravitation
)

>>1) Gravitational waves have been never detected. Everything about
>> pulsar is about indirect tests.
>>
>>2) Last high precision observations reveals that binary pulsar is
>> better
>> described by non-geometrical theory of gravity which gives the same
>> prediction than GR more a 1% excess cannot be explained using GR.
>
> Let's see the literature reference.

Why would waste time with a crackpot liar as you? :-)

--
http://www.canonicalscience.org/
From: "Juan R." González-Álvarez on