From: Karl E. Peterson on
Nobody wrote:
> The following specific group doesn't show up in msnews server, but my
> ISP(Cox) shows it. I don't know if there is such a thing as a hidden
> newsgroup.
>
> microsoft.public.vb

Yeah, sounds like another one that "got loose" at one point, and only
the servers that honored the "authoratative" rmgroup requests cleansed
themselves of it. (It's not on eternal-september.)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: C. Kevin Provance on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message news:OsUrmTU8KHA.1436(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
: Yeah, sounds like another one that "got loose" at one point, and only
: the servers that honored the "authoratative" rmgroup requests cleansed
: themselves of it. (It's not on eternal-september.)

I see a m.p.vb and m.p.vb.general. No "discussion", just "general". Both contain posts within the last year.
From: Karl E. Peterson on
C. Kevin Provance wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>> Yeah, sounds like another one that "got loose" at one point, and only
>> the servers that honored the "authoratative" rmgroup requests cleansed
>> themselves of it. (It's not on eternal-september.)
>
> I see a m.p.vb and m.p.vb.general. No "discussion", just "general". Both
> contain posts within the last year.

Must be an ISP server, right? So far, those don't seem to be accepting
the rmgroup requests from that guy.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Helmut Meukel on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> C. Kevin Provance wrote:
>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>>> Yeah, sounds like another one that "got loose" at one point, and only the
>>> servers that honored the "authoratative" rmgroup requests cleansed
>>> themselves of it. (It's not on eternal-september.)
>>
>> I see a m.p.vb and m.p.vb.general. No "discussion", just "general". Both
>> contain posts within the last year.
>
> Must be an ISP server, right? So far, those don't seem to be accepting the
> rmgroup requests from that guy.
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

Eternal-September will not accept Juli�n �lie's rmgroup requests.

Some other news server admins in Germany will act accordingly.
One stated he will handle this like the alt and free groups, remove
the groups if there is no traffic.
Others said they will wait and see for some months.

Helmut.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Helmut Meukel wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb...
>> C. Kevin Provance wrote:
>>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>>>
>>> I see a m.p.vb and m.p.vb.general. No "discussion", just "general". Both
>>> contain posts within the last year.
>>
>> Must be an ISP server, right? So far, those don't seem to be accepting the
>> rmgroup requests from that guy.
>
> Eternal-September will not accept Juli�n �lie's rmgroup requests.

Oooooh! That's *very* good news indeed! Did you get that news
officially, or...? I did write to them to alert them to what that
axxwipe was up to, and telling them that I was referring a *lot* of
folks their direction and hoped they wouldn't honor his requests.
Never got a response, though.

> Some other news server admins in Germany will act accordingly.
> One stated he will handle this like the alt and free groups, remove
> the groups if there is no traffic.
> Others said they will wait and see for some months.

Very very good news, indeed...

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT