From: Helmut Meukel on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Helmut Meukel wrote:

>>> Must be an ISP server, right? So far, those don't seem to be accepting the
>>> rmgroup requests from that guy.
>>
>> Eternal-September will not accept Juli�n �lie's rmgroup requests.
>
> Oooooh! That's *very* good news indeed! Did you get that news officially,
> or...? I did write to them to alert them to what that axxwipe was up to, and
> telling them that I was referring a *lot* of folks their direction and hoped
> they wouldn't honor his requests. Never got a response, though.
>
>> Some other news server admins in Germany will act accordingly.
>> One stated he will handle this like the alt and free groups, remove
>> the groups if there is no traffic.
>> Others said they will wait and see for some months.
>
> Very very good news, indeed...

Karl this is from a post from one other news server admin:

| eternal-september.org ist kein kommerzieller Anbieter. Sein Betreiber
| ist im Usenet als "Ray Banana" bekannt. Die Diskussion in der �ffent-
| lich zug�nglichen Gruppe eternal-september.support lief schon vor ge-
| raumer Zeit.

| # From: Ray Banana <rayban(a)banana.shacknet.nu>
| # Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 04:57:13 +0200
| # [...]
| # Thus spake grant <sample(a)example.invalid>
| # [...]
| # > When Juli�n �lie issues rmgroup control articles, will
| # > eternal-september honour them?
| #
| # Given the current settings of E-S's control.ctl, no.

I don't think he will answer the same question over and over again.

Helmut.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Helmut Meukel wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>
>> Helmut Meukel wrote:
>>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb...

>>> Eternal-September will not accept Juli�n �lie's rmgroup requests.
>>
>> Oooooh! That's *very* good news indeed! Did you get that news officially,
>> or...? I did write to them to alert them to what that axxwipe was up to,
>> and telling them that I was referring a *lot* of folks their direction and
>> hoped they wouldn't honor his requests. Never got a response, though.
>>
>>> Some other news server admins in Germany will act accordingly.
>>> One stated he will handle this like the alt and free groups, remove
>>> the groups if there is no traffic.
>>> Others said they will wait and see for some months.
>>
>> Very very good news, indeed...
>>

> Karl this is from a post from one other news server admin:
>
> | eternal-september.org ist kein kommerzieller Anbieter. Sein Betreiber
> | ist im Usenet als "Ray Banana" bekannt. Die Diskussion in der �ffent-
> | lich zug�nglichen Gruppe eternal-september.support lief schon vor ge-
> | raumer Zeit.

> | # From: Ray Banana <rayban(a)banana.shacknet.nu>
> | # Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 04:57:13 +0200
> | # [...]
> | # Thus spake grant <sample(a)example.invalid>
> | # [...]
> | # > When Juli�n �lie issues rmgroup control articles, will
> | # > eternal-september honour them?
> | #
> | # Given the current settings of E-S's control.ctl, no.
> |

> I don't think he will answer the same question over and over again.

I'm okay with that, as long as he sticks to the first answer. :-)

Thanks...

--
..NET: It's About Trust! http://vfred.mvps.org
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT