From: svpilot on
I have Windows XP Pro. I setup a Guest Account but it doesn't work right.
When the Guest clicks on it, from the Welcom screen, it shows an error window.
"Codebase error"
"Error#:-935"
"Error#:92907"
"Null input parameter unexpected"
"d4seek"
I click OK for several more error windows, then it goes into the Guest
Account.
What did I do wrong?
Thanks
Al T.
From: Doug Knox MS-MVP on
This is related to software called CodeBase. It may be something that you installed, or was installed with some other software package. I would suspect that this is a permissions issue, either in the file system or the Registry.

http://www.codebase.com

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

From: svpilot on
I didn't knowingly install software called Codebase. How can I eliminate the
error msg windows?
Thanks

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP on
Again, this is likely a problem with the permissions on the file system or the registry. You need to contact the author's of CodeBase and find out what needs to be changed to allow their software to run under the Guest account.

From: svpilot on

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Again, this is likely a problem with the permissions on the file system or the registry. You need to contact the author's of CodeBase and find out what needs to be changed to allow their software to run under the Guest account.

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "svpilot" <svpilot(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2182C63-546D-4015-9211-98927FB19224(a)microsoft.com...
> >I didn't knowingly install software called Codebase. How can I eliminate the
> > error msg windows?
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> This is related to software called CodeBase. It may be something that you installed, or was installed with some other software package. I would suspect that this is a permissions issue, either in the file system or the Registry.
> >>
> >> http://www.codebase.com
> >>
> >> --
> >> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security
> >> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> >> http://www.dougknox.com
> >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
> >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm
> >> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> >> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

> Well, there must be a better way to do this.
I'm trying to keep my daughter from changing settings and files. Just
Internet access. What about deleting the guest account and making a seperate
account with her name?