From: jhewitt on
Noel, thank you for the info.

Question.

If I install a new IDE card, what will happen re the existing Lo
Capacity HD that contains the system, programs etc?
Will the old PC just boot right back up, after installing the new
driver card?, or, will I have to reinstall W98, or etc ...?
If the system does boot right back up on the original HD, do I then
simply plug in the new HD and format F disk it?

Again regards.

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:01:44 +0000 (UTC), "Noel Paton"
<NoelDPspamless(a)crashfixpc.com> wrote:

>an IDE card is probably the way to go at this point - they're not that
>expensive.
>to give you an idea of what you're looking for....
>http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=2291
>http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=20251
>
>HTH

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain
From: "ryan weihl" <ryan on
jhewitt(a)arrakis.es wrote:

> Noel, thank you for the info.
>
> Question.
>
> If I install a new IDE card, what will happen re the existing Lo
> Capacity HD that contains the system, programs etc?
> Will the old PC just boot right back up, after installing the new
> driver card?, or, will I have to reinstall W98, or etc ...?
> If the system does boot right back up on the original HD, do I then
> simply plug in the new HD and format F disk it?
>
> Again regards.
>
> On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:01:44 +0000 (UTC), "Noel Paton"
> <NoelDPspamless(a)crashfixpc.com> wrote:
>
> > an IDE card is probably the way to go at this point - they're not
> > that expensive.
> > to give you an idea of what you're looking for....
> > http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=2291
> > http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=20251
> >
> > HTH
>
> John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

John, just a comment about your situation.
I have a P2-99 board and used a Ultra 66 IDE extension (PCI slot) to be
able to use higher capacity 40Gig and 80Gig HD,s.
But it needed the 80pin IDE cable too.
The OS HD (C:) is still connected to the motherboard IDE.
RW

From: jhewitt on
On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 16:33:35 +0100, jhewitt(a)arrakis.es wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:01:44 +0000 (UTC), "Noel Paton"
><NoelDPspamless(a)crashfixpc.com> wrote:
>
>>an IDE card is probably the way to go at this point - they're not that
>>expensive.
>>to give you an idea of what you're looking for....
>>http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=2291
>>http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductInfoComm.asp?ID=20251
>>
>>HTH
>
>John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain

You won't belive this but, Aria.co.uk won't do business with me.
I offered a UK VISA card, thru a UK Bank, nominated in Sterling. With
delivery to a UK address.
We exchanged several emails and the Co says that, since I am not
resident in the UK, no thank you.
Sigh.
Guess I'll get my nephew to buy it and hand it to my wife when she's
in the UK.

Problem now on hold for some weeks.
Will advise.

John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain