From: Arthur Entlich on
1) Did you delete the earlier driver before doing a new install

I would try deleting and reinstalling, again.

2) Is the install the latest one for your printer and OS?

3) Can you print a sample print directly from the printer without it
being connected to the computer (the manual should tell you how to do
so) and it should work since that bypasses the drivers and computers
using something already in the printer's firmware

4) make sure the printer's queue is empty

5) once again check cables.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

From: Trevor on

"Arthur Entlich" <e-printerhelp(a)mvps.org> wrote in message
> 1) Did you delete the earlier driver before doing a new install
>
> I would try deleting and reinstalling, again.
>
> 2) Is the install the latest one for your printer and OS?
>
> 3) Can you print a sample print directly from the printer without it being
> connected to the computer (the manual should tell you how to do so) and it
> should work since that bypasses the drivers and computers using something
> already in the printer's firmware
>
> 4) make sure the printer's queue is empty
>
> 5) once again check cables.
>
> Art
>

> If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
> I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:
>
> http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/
>
> Trevor wrote:
>> I have now re-installed the driver from the HP website. Now when I print
>> nothing happens, it sits in the print queue with a blank in the status
>> column.

How would I delete drivers? There's nothing showing for printers in the
device manager.

From: Trevor on

"Trevor" <trevor(a)nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message
> My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when
> I try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

Started working normally now - no idea why. Thanks for the help.

From: Arthur Entlich on
Little worse than an intermittent that fixes itself, because it usually
means the problem will return and one is no further ahead in figuring it
out.

Just thinking, another possible cause: It could be bad memory, or memory
that wasn't well installed, if you have added memory to it.

Anyway, hopefully, the problem is over for a while (or forever would be
nice ;-))