From: Trevor on
My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when I
try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

From: Don Phillipson on
"Trevor" <trevor(a)nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message

> My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when
> try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

This is usually done by turning off the printer for 30 sec. or more,
and prudent users might also turn off all connected PCs, to wipe
their temporary printer caches. Repost here if these measures
fail. You may be configured to save print data to a spooler drive
that attempts to empty itself automatically.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: Warren Block on
Trevor <trevor(a)nospam> wrote:
> My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when I
> try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?

Usually this is caused by turning the printer off in the middle of a
job. There are commands at the beginning of a print job that set the
printer up. Those commands are lost when the printer is turned off, and
it prints the rest of the data as text, which appears to be garbage.

Don't turn off the computer, it'll just resend the partial print job
when you turn it back on.

Leave the printer off. On the computer, set the printer to offline,
delete the print jobs, then set the printer back on line. Then you can
turn the printer back on.

From: Trevor on

"Don Phillipson" <e925(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
> "Trevor" <trevor(a)nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when
>> try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?
>
> This is usually done by turning off the printer for 30 sec. or more,
> and prudent users might also turn off all connected PCs, to wipe
> their temporary printer caches. Repost here if these measures
> fail. You may be configured to save print data to a spooler drive
> that attempts to empty itself automatically.
>
> --
> Don Phillipson
> Carlsbad Springs
> (Ottawa, Canada)

Been away a couple of days, everythings been on, but on switching everything
back on and trying to print a 1 page pdf , I get the garbage again.

From: Patty on
On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:49:37 -0000, Trevor wrote:

> "Don Phillipson" <e925(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
>> "Trevor" <trevor(a)nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> My HP 1022 Laser Jet has suddenly started producing pages of garbage when
>>> try and print a single page. Can I clear its memory in some way?
>>
>> This is usually done by turning off the printer for 30 sec. or more,
>> and prudent users might also turn off all connected PCs, to wipe
>> their temporary printer caches. Repost here if these measures
>> fail. You may be configured to save print data to a spooler drive
>> that attempts to empty itself automatically.
>>
>> --
>> Don Phillipson
>> Carlsbad Springs
>> (Ottawa, Canada)
>>

> Been away a couple of days, everythings been on, but on switching everything
> back on and trying to print a 1 page pdf , I get the garbage again.

Try following the instructions here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c00381747

Patty