From: Kangaroo on
Elaine,

Not sure I've completely understood your question, but have you tried simply deleting the "Share-to-Web Upload Folder" from:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\SendTo (or whatever name replaces Owner).

Note: The SendTo folder is a hidden one.

That will delete the option from the SendTo list you see when you right-click on something.

HTH

From: NJITGS on
Yes, I have tried that but I cannot seem to reveal the STW icon. How would
you go about doing so?

Thanks again!

Elaine

From: Ron Sommer on
The program files are under C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP
Share-To-Web.
Share-To-Web came with my HP printer.
I can't find an uninstall.
--
Ron Sommer

From: V Green on
Since this thread continues, I did a little looking:

Under Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP\Share-To-Web\Files\
are registry entries & descriptions of the services that Share-to-Web
uses. In my case, there are 8 of them.

Searching the Registry reveals that they exist in several places and
it is not clear which ones would be the proper ones to remove.

All I can say is that the hpgs2.wnd.exe and the hpgs2wnf.exe services
which handle this stuff ARE running here, but I have NO context
Share to Web choice in my context menus for supported image filetypes.

Find and open this file: hpgs2wns.chm.

According to the Troubleshooting topic, this is possible:
Enabling and disabling the Share-to-Web Upload Folder
The Share-to-Web Upload Folder is enabled by default
and is displayed on your computer desktop.
To disable it, select No, do not show the Share-to-Web
Upload Folder. Choosing this will remove the folder from
the desktop. Be sure to save any files to another location
before disabling the folder.
To enable it, select Yes, Show the Share-to-Web Upload Folder.
Click Next to complete the setup.

from the Start>>HP Share to Web>>Wizard.

I don't remember if this is what I did, it's been over a
year.

I do NOT have a "Share-to-Web Upload Folder" under
my SendTo folder as described below.

If simply deleteing it will fix this, but you can't see it,
go to Tools>>Folder Options>>View in Explorer and make sure
that "Show Hidden Files and Folders" is selected.

From: Kangaroo on
To see the "Share-to-Web Upload Folder", do what "V Green" says, then just delete it.

To stop those 2 pesky services (hpgs2.wnd.exe and hpgs2wnf.exe), do:

Start > Run > msconfig > Startup tab

and uncheck whichever of those you see there, and reboot.

HP seems to throw in a whole bunch of stuff, but a different bunch depending on which machine you bought and which month you bought
it, nobody in Support seems to know what it's supposed to do, and mostly (in my experience) it does nothing.

For instance, I don't believe I ever had a "Share-to-Web Upload Folder" on my desktop, but I've always has the SendTo item, which
does nothing if you've turned the service off (as above), but starts the STW Wizard if you've got the service on.

I also think the STW concept never got off the ground because progress went another way. Much like Beta, or should that be VHS?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: remove home network
Next: Webcam- kstvtune.ax