From: no-one on
Bought a netbook and considered going for a refund on the Windows and
installing Linux. Noticed on startup that HP's terms and conditions
are now that if you do not agree to the MS and HP EULAs, the only
refund option is to return the ENTIRE package including the hardware.

Neat fit up.
From: Justin C on
On 2009-11-18, no-one <nowhere(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> Bought a netbook and considered going for a refund on the Windows and
> installing Linux. Noticed on startup that HP's terms and conditions
> are now that if you do not agree to the MS and HP EULAs, the only
> refund option is to return the ENTIRE package including the hardware.

Would have been nice if they'd let you know before you purchased it.

Justin.

--
Justin C, by the sea.
From: Folderol on
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:55:08 +0000
no-one <nowhere(a)nowhere.com> wrote:

> Bought a netbook and considered going for a refund on the Windows and
> installing Linux. Noticed on startup that HP's terms and conditions
> are now that if you do not agree to the MS and HP EULAs, the only
> refund option is to return the ENTIRE package including the hardware.
>
> Neat fit up.

Hmmm. I wonder if that is in fact legal.

Be nice to have the time (and money) to find out.

--
Will J G
From: chris on
Folderol wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:55:08 +0000
> no-one <nowhere(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> Bought a netbook and considered going for a refund on the Windows and
>> installing Linux. Noticed on startup that HP's terms and conditions
>> are now that if you do not agree to the MS and HP EULAs, the only
>> refund option is to return the ENTIRE package including the hardware.
>>
>> Neat fit up.
>
> Hmmm. I wonder if that is in fact legal.

My thought exactly.

> Be nice to have the time (and money) to find out.

A quick punt to trading standards could give a quick and cheap idea.
From: Tony van der Hoff on
chris wrote:
> Folderol wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:55:08 +0000
>> no-one <nowhere(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Bought a netbook and considered going for a refund on the Windows and
>>> installing Linux. Noticed on startup that HP's terms and conditions
>>> are now that if you do not agree to the MS and HP EULAs, the only
>>> refund option is to return the ENTIRE package including the hardware.
>>>
>>> Neat fit up.
>>
>> Hmmm. I wonder if that is in fact legal.
>
> My thought exactly.
>
>> Be nice to have the time (and money) to find out.
>
> A quick punt to trading standards could give a quick and cheap idea.

IANAL, but I don't see why it shouldn't be legal. The goods were
purchased as a package. Provided they're prepared to give a full refund
on the package, they've met their obligations.

--
Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony(a)vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |