From: rs1n on
On Dec 3, 8:16 am, Janek Kozicki <cosu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> (sorry about replying to myself)
>
> Which library was used to display the algebraic equations on the stack
> using nice graphical grobs? I'll need that for differential equations
> and other symbolic manipulation stuff.

- ALG48 is a symbolic math library, and also provides a good amount of
number theory functions.

- Erable is also another great symbolic math library (probably more
suited for your differential equations class than ALG48). The latest
version is actually not on www.hpcalc.org; however you can get to the
page with the latest version using the link provided by www.hpcalc.org

- Eqstk is the bare-bones algebraic stack. It is much faster than Java
and the current version of SpeedUI. Both of these programs encapsulate
real numbers within a symbolic, which really slows down the rendering.

- Jazz is a great programming library (machine language, sys-rpl,
debuggers, etc). The latest version still has a few bugs in it; I
submitted a bugfix update a few days ago.

- SpeedUI will speed up the interface a bit. The key handling is
almost as fast the built-in interface. On the other hand, you will
notice that the editor will respond much faster.

Check http://www.hpcalc.org for more software.
From: Janek Kozicki on
Great, thanks a lot for your reply. I guess that over the period of 10
years things could have changed a bit. You are saying that currently
worthwhile stuff is:

ALG48, Erable, Eqstk, Jazz, SpeedUI

I have dug up my 10 years old archives, and found a backup copy of my
hp48g libraries that I was using years ago, those are:

ALG48FUL.LIB
BZ4.LIB
FEM48P31.LIB
GXT51.LIB
JAVA36C.LIB
QC15.LIB
QPI.LIB
TED.LIB
UFL3.LIB
HPTABS.LIB
JZGX67LE.LIB
MUC.BIN

I have no idea what I was using them for :) I can only recognize that
currently I won't be needing FEM.

I can see that Alg48 remains useful - I'll download the latest
version.

If you recognize any others of those, perhaps you could tell me about
their newest replacements.

best regards
Janek Kozicki
From: Janek Kozicki on
Why SpeedUI isn't listed on http://www.hpcalc.org/best.php ?
From: Raymond Del Tondo on
"rs1n" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>- Eqstk is the bare-bones algebraic stack. It is much faster than Java
>and the current version of SpeedUI. Both of these programs encapsulate
>real numbers within a symbolic, which really slows down the rendering.

The SpeedUI version 9.08 will include your suggested change
for speeding up decompiling real number in algebraics,
so that should help. (Yes, I have read your related posting;-)

Raymond

From: Janek Kozicki on
On Dec 4, 1:44 am, "Raymond Del Tondo" <Ih8...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> "rs1n" <> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:4dfd4f1d-0c78-48c9-8f75-5055994fa397(a)l13g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
>
> >- Eqstk is the bare-bones algebraic stack. It is much faster than Java
> >and the current version of SpeedUI. Both of these programs encapsulate
> >real numbers within a symbolic, which really slows down the rendering.
>
> The SpeedUI version 9.08 will include your suggested change
> for speeding up decompiling real number in algebraics,
> so that should help. (Yes, I have read your related posting;-)
>
> Raymond

Thanks a lot. with hptalx I uploaded SpeedUI and UFL3, I guess that
after few weeks I'll be back on track and try what libraries I need.

Another question is there any real difference between having port 1
merged or not? I have two 128kb chips soldered onto motherboard. One
above another, with their legs connected to each other.

I can only see that with port 1 merged the 'MEM' command shows more
free memory. But what else? Something affecting battery life maybe? (I
vaguely remember that the sole adding of 2nd 128kb chip decreased
battery life)