From: rs1n on
On Dec 3, 6:58 pm, Janek Kozicki <cosu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 4, 1:44 am, "Raymond Del Tondo" <Ih8...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
>
> > "rs1n" <> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:4dfd4f1d-0c78-48c9-8f75-5055994fa397(a)l13g2000yqb.googlegroups.com...
>
> > >- Eqstk is the bare-bones algebraic stack. It is much faster than Java
> > >and the current version of SpeedUI. Both of these programs encapsulate
> > >real numbers within a symbolic, which really slows down the rendering.
>
> > The SpeedUI version 9.08 will include your suggested change
> > for speeding up decompiling real number in algebraics,
> > so that should help. (Yes, I have read your related posting;-)
>
> > Raymond
>
> Thanks a lot. with hptalx I uploaded SpeedUI and UFL3, I guess that
> after few weeks I'll be back on track and try what libraries I need.
>
> Another question is there any real difference between having port 1
> merged or not? I have two 128kb chips soldered onto motherboard. One
> above another, with their legs connected to each other.
>
> I can only see that with port 1 merged the 'MEM' command shows more
> free memory. But what else? Something affecting battery life maybe? (I
> vaguely remember that the sole adding of 2nd 128kb chip decreased
> battery life)

The difference depends on how "full" your PORT 1 will be. For example,
If PORT1 has a few libraries and only, say, 10KB remaining, then you
can store something that is 10KB or smaller in size. It's the same
total
RAM, but parts of it has a size limit. I would go with MERGED memory
remove this limit. There won't be any difference in terms of power
consumption, since both RAM chips must be powered on even when the
HP48
is turned off (otherwise you lose the contents of the two RAM chips).
From: Janek Kozicki on
Thanks a lot for your answer. So I will keep ports 0 and 1 merged all
the time into 256kb.

A question about Alg48 and Erable:

- do they exclude each other?

- are they used automatically, when I go to <- SYMBOLIC, and press for
instance an 'EXPAND' soft button? (I mean - are they replacements for
symbolic manipulation commands)

- or do I need to look for their softbuttons "somewhere" (in MTH?, in -
> LIBRARY ?)

best regards
Janek Kozicki
From: rs1n on
On Dec 4, 12:16 pm, Janek Kozicki <cosu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your answer. So I will keep ports 0 and 1 merged all
> the time into 256kb.
>
> A question about Alg48 and Erable:
>
> - do they exclude each other?

No, but you will not have enough room to fit both into just one single
port (one is ~50KG while the other is ~80KB).

> - are they used automatically, when I go to <- SYMBOLIC, and press for
> instance an 'EXPAND' soft button? (I mean - are they replacements for
> symbolic manipulation commands)

No, they simply provide extra commands. Each library does come with
its own set of custom keys for USR (user) mode, so that you can
redefine your keys to "automatically" use the commands. You may want
to refresh your memory with the documentation of each package.

> - or do I need to look for their softbuttons "somewhere" (in MTH?, in -
>
> > LIBRARY ?)

[right shift] [2] (library)

From: Janek Kozicki on
> You may want
> to refresh your memory with the documentation of each package.

heh, exactly. I'm very grateful that you are so patient with my
laziness :) This helps me a lot, to avoid spending time while being
lost. I already briefly looked through both books, that I had bought
10 years ago, the hp48g users guide and reference manual. Next I'll
have to look into alg48 and Erable docs :)

best regards
Janek Kozicki