From: AC on
If I remember correctly Windows XP SP2 was released in summer 04. Following
its installation it proves impossible to embed sound (or other so called web
objects) within e-mails using Outlook 2003 and probably other versions. Now
assuming it must have taken, oh, let's be generous, no more than 24hrs (an my
guess is that it was known about before the release of the SP) for this fault
to be highlighted to Microsoft it seems to be taking an inordinate amount of
time to produce a fix.

I realise that Microsoft is pushing the security aspects of its products,
and quite rightly so. However, it would be really good if they would expedite
the fixing of errors they themselves introduced!

Rant over (can you tell that this fault really irritates me?)

Regards

AC
From: George Hester on
AC if they removed it believe me they aren't going to put it back. The times where Microsoft released a security fix for
one of their products and found that customers were not happy with it and so "fixed" it are few and far between. I can
only think of one.

--
George Hester
_________________________________

From: Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] on
FRankly, I prefer it broken as there is nothing more annoying than getting
mail with sounds, backgrounds, etc.

--ý
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After furious head scratching, AC asked:

From: yellowbeard on
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlwrote:
FRankly, I prefer it broken as there is nothing more annoying than
getting
> mail with sounds, backgrounds, etc.
>
> --ý
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due
> the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
personal

> After furious head scratching, AC asked:
>
> | If I remember correctly Windows XP SP2 was released in summer 04.
> | Following its installation it proves impossible to embed sound
(or
> | other so called web objects) within e-mails using Outlook 2003
and
> | probably other versions. Now assuming it must have taken, oh,
let's
> | be generous, no more than 24hrs (an my guess is that it was known
> | about before the release of the SP) for this fault to be
highlighted
> | to Microsoft it seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time
> | produce a fix.
> |
> | I realise that Microsoft is pushing the security aspects of its
> | products, and quite rightly so. However, it would be really good
if
> | they would expedite the fixing of errors they themselves
introduced!

> | Rant over (can you tell that this fault really irritates me?)
> |
> | Regards
> |
> | AC

Well if you personally don't like it, turn off html in as your format
and you won't get it. But for those of us that did use it, sure would
be nice to have it back.... Also I paid good money for Office product
and one of the reasons I bought it was to use these features. So now
the money I spent for an advertised feature is no longer available
and Microsoft doesn't seem interested in replying to me about what,
if anything , they are trying to do with this issue.
That is almost fraud, advertising a feature, and then turning it off,
with no info as to if and when it will ever be fixed... That seems
the most important part of this issue.
:evil:

From: Brian Tillman on
yellowbeard <forensicdude2003(a)yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote:

> Well if you personally don't like it, turn off html in as your format
> and you won't get it.

Not all Outlook versions have the ability to convert all messages to plain
text. The sender usually controls the message format, not the recipient.
--
Brian Tillman