From: Gina Whipp on
Dale,

Even on their locals? This would also apply to other Office 2007
applications, so does everyone save to the Server?

--
Gina Whipp

II

From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"Dale Fye" <dale.fye(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>Over the years, I've been really impressed with the way that the Access MVPs
>and others seem to answer almost every post, or at least the ones where the
>OP is engaged, and answers the questions posed by the newsgroup volunteers.
>I've visited a lot of the other MS newsgroups, and would be willing to bet
>that the response rate in the Access groups is among the highest.

Thanks for the kind words.

>However, lately, I've had a couple of posts which have not gotten a single
>reply:

>So, the question of the day is: When you cannot get an answer, even from
>some of the best Access developers in the world, where do you turn next? Do
>you have to pay for technical assistance to get someone from Microsoft to
>get an answer?

There are some good online forums that have been suggested.

One alternative is that MVPs do get a few free support calls a year
for which they can use on behalf of a newsgroup requester. Or maybe
give the newsgroup requester.

So if you like email me and I'll see about getting one of those for
you.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Dale Fye on
Jeanette,

Thanks for the offer, but AccessVandal pointed me to Allen Browne's site
regarding filtering bugs. Apparently this is not new. I was able to resolve
the problem by setting the reports FilterOnLoad property to Yes.

Thanks again.

----
Dale

From: Dale Fye on

My client has locked down Trusted Locations on all network and local
computers. They are aware of the implications, but the Information Assurance
folks seem to rule the day around here at the moment.

Since we all have digital signatures, we are generally able to sign our
Word, Excel or Powerpoint files that contain macros, and then add ourselves
to the trusted publishers list. However, this doesn't work with Access 2007.
Hopefully, I'm just missing something, but the lack of responses implies
that very few people have been using this functionality.

----
Dale

From: Dale Fye on
Tony,

Thanks for the offer.

I got the report problem resolved (bug in Access that Allen Browne has
documented).

Let me check a couple of the other resources that have been mentioned. If I
still don't get an answer on the trusted publisher/digital signature thing I
may give you a holler.

----
Dale

"Tony Toews [MVP]" wrote:

> "Dale Fye" <dale.fye(a)nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >Over the years, I've been really impressed with the way that the Access MVPs
> >and others seem to answer almost every post, or at least the ones where the
> >OP is engaged, and answers the questions posed by the newsgroup volunteers.
> >I've visited a lot of the other MS newsgroups, and would be willing to bet
> >that the response rate in the Access groups is among the highest.
>
> Thanks for the kind words.
>
> >However, lately, I've had a couple of posts which have not gotten a single
> >reply:
>
> >So, the question of the day is: When you cannot get an answer, even from
> >some of the best Access developers in the world, where do you turn next? Do
> >you have to pay for technical assistance to get someone from Microsoft to
> >get an answer?
>
> There are some good online forums that have been suggested.
>
> One alternative is that MVPs do get a few free support calls a year
> for which they can use on behalf of a newsgroup requester. Or maybe
> give the newsgroup requester.
>
> So if you like email me and I'll see about getting one of those for
> you.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP