From: Ajo Wissink on
On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 19:21:26 +0100, Happy Oyster
<happy.oyster(a)ariplex.com> wrote:

>I had to install Eudora 7. The problem with this version is, that the headers of
>the incoming emails are wrecked. Eudora 1.5.4 STORED a very extensive part of
>the header, but Eudora 7 throws it away.
>
>The FULL header is a vital part of my emails. How can Eudora 7 be set up, so
>that it will keep the full header?

The setting to have full headers displayed all the time is:

<X-Eudora-Option:ShowAllHeaders=1>

Paste this line in a new message, click on it while holding the alt
key and click OK in the Change Option window that appeared.
--
Ajo Wissink
From: Happy Oyster on
On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:54:16 -0400, Ajo Wissink <ajo(a)notrealaddress.com.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 19:21:26 +0100, Happy Oyster
><happy.oyster(a)ariplex.com> wrote:
>
>>I had to install Eudora 7. The problem with this version is, that the headers of
>>the incoming emails are wrecked. Eudora 1.5.4 STORED a very extensive part of
>>the header, but Eudora 7 throws it away.
>>
>>The FULL header is a vital part of my emails. How can Eudora 7 be set up, so
>>that it will keep the full header?
>
>The setting to have full headers displayed all the time is:
>
><X-Eudora-Option:ShowAllHeaders=1>
>
>Paste this line in a new message, click on it while holding the alt
>key and click OK in the Change Option window that appeared.

Hi, thanks.

I tried it, but it works only in a very limited way. The tip with the
"blah-bla"-button was good. It shows more details, but only for one single
email.

After having used the

<X-Eudora-Option:ShowAllHeaders=1>

I see more details, but not as much as the "blah-bla"-button unveils.

How can we "enhance" that?

Thank you,

Aribert Deckers

..
--
Die volle H�rte: http://www.kindersprechstunde.at
Die Medienmafia � Die Regividerm-Verschw�rung
From: Happy Oyster on
On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 21:48:43 +0000, Jim Higgins <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 02:10:17 +0100, Happy Oyster
><happy.oyster(a)ariplex.com> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:16:53 +0000, Jim Higgins <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>>
>>>Specifically what headers are missing with Eudora 7 vs Eudora 1.5.4?
>>
>>Eudora 1.5.4 shows "the header even if it looks ugly". For matter of security I
>>routinely read the full header.
>

>Close Eudora. Set

ShowAllHeaders=1
**************************** that does it !

> in your Eudora.ini file. You
>should be able to do that by clicking the line below and changing the
>value to 1. If not, use a plain text editor. Restart Eudora. Voilla!
>
><X-Eudora-Option:ShowAllHeaders>

Thank you!

Aribert Deckers

..
From: Happy Oyster on
On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:44:37 -0600, "John H Meyers" <jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 12:21:26 -0600, Aribert Deckers wrote:
>
>> I had to install Eudora 7. The problem with this version is,
>> that the headers of the incoming emails are wrecked.
>> Eudora 1.5.4 STORED a very extensive part of the header,
>> but Eudora 7 throws it away.
>
>All initial headers of mail messages are completely preserved
>(whereas headers of individual MIME parts are not).
>
>> The FULL header is a vital part of my emails. How can Eudora 7 be set up,
>> so that it will keep the full header?
>
>Most people want instead to hide headers that are too voluminous these days,
>so this is a refreshingly different request :)

Hi, John,

since I began using Eudora, back in 1995(?), I all the time had the (nearly)
full header visible. It is a great relieve to be able to see where the email
crom from or where they were relayed.

Ordinary people might be shocked by the sight of a header, yes, but email is not
harmless. And I began computing bit-wise with an Altair 8800. So, working even o
the bit-level is quite normal for me.

>To show all headers, actually open the message (not just "preview");
>if you are not overwhelmed yet, then depress the "Blah blah blah" button
>that is found in every incoming message window.
>
>There is a way to always show all headers (e.g. have "Blah blah blah"
>initially depressed by default when opening all incoming messages),
>but it scares most people to even dream such a nightmare :)

Thanks!

Happy New Year!

Aribert Deckers

..
From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 15:59:06 -0600:

Ajo:
>> The setting to have full headers displayed all the time is:
>> <X-Eudora-Option:ShowAllHeaders=1>
>>
>> Paste this line in a new message, click on it while holding the alt
>> key and click OK in the Change Option window that appeared.

> I tried it, but it works only in a very limited way.
> The tip with the "blah-blah"-button was good.
> It shows more details, but only for one single email.

Yes, the one you are viewing :)

> After having used the
> <X-Eudora-Option:ShowAllHeaders=1>
> I see more details, but not as much as the "blah-blah"-button unveils.

It's exactly the same thing (and also the same as inserting
the option directly into Eudora.ini via manual editing),
since that option simply sets
the default initial state of the "blah blah blah" button
when incoming messages are opened.

It will not change any few message windows _already_opened_
before setting the option (for which you can still click "blah-blah"),
but will remain in effect forever onwards (though you can still then
click "blah-blah" when you want to see _fewer_ headers :)

> How can we "enhance" that?

Eudora is perfect, and can not be enhanced :)

Besides, version 7.1 is the last one (of "Classic" Eudora);
uniquely classic items such as this are irreplaceable, alas.