From: Pallavi on
Hi,

I have the Heidenhain IK220 card connected to the LC481 EnDAt encoder.
Thew company did provide some sample programs and DLL functions which
can be used in LabView to access the position value.
However, when i try to setup the encoder with some desired parameters,
it still shows me the default parameters set by the company.
the IK220writepar.vi does execute properly, but when i read back the
same parameter value using IK220readpar.vi, it gives me the default
value.

The sample program also doesn't accept the new parameter values.

Please help.
Thanks.
From: Chris_C. on
Pallavi,
It sounds like the best people to contact would be the people who wrote this driver for you. They can probably give you insight into how to use the program and how it should behave.

I would suggest you posting your code, but I'm guessing that the developers of your driver probably wouldn't appreciate that.

Give them a shout and post to let us know what you find. Thanks!

Chris C
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
From: Albert Geven on
Hi Pallavi

We used the Heidenhain ik220 also and developed a shell around the original dll.
If you write me directly I can send it to you.Posting on this side is a lot of vi's that you probably not need.

My email to reach me is albert.geven(a)philips.com