From: Figaro on
First I burned a playlist of apple lossless files.... the CD played
fine on the computer but not in my old portable CD player.

Next, I converted playlist files into WAV and burned again.... same
thing happened.

What's going on??
What is the file format that iTunes burns to CD?
I did make sure I was burning "Music CD" in the preference/advanced
setting.

Thanks for your help!!
From: sbt on
In article
<df668621-3b43-47d3-a9de-a4635fd7726e(a)h40g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
Figaro <ponsellite(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> First I burned a playlist of apple lossless files.... the CD played
> fine on the computer but not in my old portable CD player.
>
> Next, I converted playlist files into WAV and burned again.... same
> thing happened.
>
> What's going on??
> What is the file format that iTunes burns to CD?
> I did make sure I was burning "Music CD" in the preference/advanced
> setting.
>
> Thanks for your help!!

Has this particular CD player ever played a burned (as opposed to
commercial, pressed) CD? A fair number of older CD players don't
recognize burned media, and many that do are somewhat fussy about what
brand CD-Rs (usually based upon the dye color).

--
Spenser
From: Figaro on
On Aug 1, 1:33 pm, sbt <dogbre...(a)chaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <df668621-3b43-47d3-a9de-a4635fd77...(a)h40g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
>
> Figaro <ponsell...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > First I burned a playlist of apple lossless files.... the CD played
> > fine on the computer but not in my old portable CD player.
>
> > Next, I converted playlist files into WAV and burned again.... same
> > thing happened.
>
> > What's going on??
> > What is the file format that iTunes burns to CD?
> > I did make sure I was burning "Music CD" in the preference/advanced
> > setting.
>
> > Thanks for your help!!
>
> Has this particular CD player ever played a burned (as opposed to
> commercial, pressed) CD? A fair number of older CD players don't
> recognize burned media, and many that do are somewhat fussy about what
> brand CD-Rs (usually based upon the dye color).
>
> --
> Spenser

Yes I've played many computer-burned music CD's with no problem.
I think it's an iTunes issue.

Does it matter what source files you start with? (MP3, apple
lossless, AIFF,...etc)

:-(
From: Figaro on
On Aug 1, 1:33 pm, sbt <dogbre...(a)chaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <df668621-3b43-47d3-a9de-a4635fd77...(a)h40g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
>
> Figaro <ponsell...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > First I burned a playlist of apple lossless files.... the CD played
> > fine on the computer but not in my old portable CD player.
>
> > Next, I converted playlist files into WAV and burned again.... same
> > thing happened.
>
> > What's going on??
> > What is the file format that iTunes burns to CD?
> > I did make sure I was burning "Music CD" in the preference/advanced
> > setting.
>
> > Thanks for your help!!
>
> Has this particular CD player ever played a burned (as opposed to
> commercial, pressed) CD? A fair number of older CD players don't
> recognize burned media, and many that do are somewhat fussy about what
> brand CD-Rs (usually based upon the dye color).
>
> --
> Spenser

It's a CD-RW.

From: nospam on
In article
<fb910c99-c2d7-403e-983d-c6d7247f76fa(a)p11g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Figaro <ponsellite(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > First I burned a playlist of apple lossless files.... the CD played
> > > fine on the computer but not in my old portable CD player.
> >
> > > Next, I converted playlist files into WAV and burned again.... same
> > > thing happened.
> >
> > > What's going on??
> > > What is the file format that iTunes burns to CD?
> > > I did make sure I was burning "Music CD" in the preference/advanced
> > > setting.
> >
> > Has this particular CD player ever played a burned (as opposed to
> > commercial, pressed) CD? A fair number of older CD players don't
> > recognize burned media, and many that do are somewhat fussy about what
> > brand CD-Rs (usually based upon the dye color).
> >
> It's a CD-RW.

cd-rw is not as reflective as cd-r or commercially pressed discs and
may not play in all players, especially old ones.

what you want is multi-read capability.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: How to duplicate a DVD