From: Colin Wilson on
> I know this will sound dumb but I presume you are updating with new
> "XP" drivers ? Sorry Colin but just had to ask.

Yup
From: Colin Wilson on
> "atisetup.exe -uninstall -output screen" to uninstall current driver.
> next, type:
> "atisetup.exe -install -output screen" to install driver.

Still fails with "failed to load display driver"
From: Colin Wilson on
> Just came upon this. Does it help you??
> http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php

I spotted that the other day and didn't read enough about it - just
giving it a whirl now - thanks for the heads up :-)
From: Colin Wilson on
> Just came upon this. Does it help you??
> http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php

Slightly different warning this time - possibly an improvement, but
since i've already checked and it should be ignoring driver
signatures...

(FAIL) "Driver Install: the driver package is not signed"

feck :-(
From: Cmplx80 on
Colin Wilson wrote:
>> "atisetup.exe -uninstall -output screen" to uninstall current driver.
>> next, type:
>> "atisetup.exe -install -output screen" to install driver.
>
> Still fails with "failed to load display driver"

I recall when going through this ordeal that the most difficult task was
making sure that ALL traces of the old ATI stuff (drivers, etc) were
removed before doing the install.

Frank