From: Dave on
On Jan 13, 10:41 am, Cmplx80 <Cmpl...(a)Karma.com> wrote:
> Colin Wilson wrote:
> >> "atisetup.exe -uninstall -output screen" to uninstall current driver.
> >> next, type:
> >> "atisetup.exe -install -output screen" to install driver.
>
> > Still fails with "failed to load display driver"
>
> I recall when going through this ordeal that the most difficult task was
> making sure that ALL traces of the old ATI stuff (drivers, etc) were
> removed before doing the install.
>
> Frank

To remove all registry traces of ATI I would recommend
the free regseeker (http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm) software.
Just unzip and run (no install). I have had great success with
this software to remove unwanted registry entries.
Just run it and search for ATI and remove the entries.
It will also offer to create a backup of the registry
so you can restore it if there is a problem.
I have used this freeware for YEARS....
NOTE this is for fairly technical people..
Your need to know how to use ctrl A to
select all the entries..but that's about it.

Dave
From: Colin Wilson on
> To remove all registry traces of ATI I would recommend
> the free regseeker (http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm) software.
> Just unzip and run (no install). I have had great success with
> this software to remove unwanted registry entries.
> Just run it and search for ATI and remove the entries.

Cheers for that, might get chance tomorrow - I believe DriverSweeper
does the same...