From: nagendra prasad on
Hi All,

I have a database of MP3's in mysql. The database contains MP3 name, artist,
date, size etc. I need to order the search results in both ascending and
descending order. For example if user wants to see the size of all mp3's in
ASC order he will click on size column and again if he wants to see the
MP3's in DEC order he can click on the size column. Suppose the MP3's are
arranged in ASC order and if he clicks on size column the data should
arrange in DEC order.

Any idea how I should go about it ?

Please help me :)

Best,
Guru.
From: nagendra prasad on
DB is like more then 500MB

and it will grow day by day :)

From: Artur Ejsmont on
Hehe. Then a method: ) just make a query builder method like 'findSongs'
with all the params ( optional or mandatory ) like page, limit, sortby,
filters etc. then inside build SQL based on args. Just be careful - SQL
injection is your enemy here. From app pass all the args from get/ post and
that's it. Good luck.

From: nagendra prasad on
Hi Artur,

I am a beginner to this stuff. So, If you or anyone can give me some example
codes or may be some links for my reference that would be a great help.

Best,
Guru.

From: kesavan trichy rengarajan on
take a look at this:
http://datatables.net/examples/data_sources/server_side.html

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 5:30 PM, nagendra prasad
<nagendra802000(a)gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Artur,
>
> I am a beginner to this stuff. So, If you or anyone can give me some
> example
> codes or may be some links for my reference that would be a great help.
>
> Best,
> Guru.
>
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:57 PM, Artur Ejsmont <ejsmont.artur(a)gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hehe. Then a method: ) just make a query builder method like 'findSongs'
> > with all the params ( optional or mandatory ) like page, limit, sortby,
> > filters etc. then inside build SQL based on args. Just be careful - SQL
> > injection is your enemy here. From app pass all the args from get/ post
> and
> > that's it. Good luck.
> >
> > On 17 May 2010 08:18, "nagendra prasad" <nagendra802000(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > DB is like more then 500MB
> >
> > and it will grow day by day :)
> >

> > On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Artur Ejsmont <ejsmont.artur(a)gmail.com
> >
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > If the DB i...

Pages: 1
Prev: form help