From: Shyam Pillai on
Hello Vic,
My recommendation is that you spend some time reading up on the PowerPoint
object model rather that simply making edits to existing code without understanding
the underlying fundamentals.

1st: ".pptxm" is not an extension. It is either ".pptm" or ".pptx"
Correct this line: deffilename = App.Path & "\" & main.cboChartSelection
& "\MyTemplate.pptm"

2nd: Look up the help file for the Presentations.Open or Presentations.Open2007
method. Pass false for the WithWindow argument.

Examples:
Set OpwrPresent = oPwrpnt.Presentations.Open(deffilename, , , False).Slides(1)

or
Set OpwrPresent = oPwrpnt.Presentations.Open2007(deffilename, , , False).Slides(1)

Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Image Importer Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm

> Shyamm,
>
> I had already tried that but it also fails with "following statement
> fails with the error: 'Presentations (unknown member) : Invalid
> request. The PowerPoint Frame window does not exist." if don't have
> oPwrpnt.Activate included which causes the blank PPT screen to be
> flashed.
>
> Vic
>
> "Shyam Pillai" <ShyamPillai(a)Gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> The Open method accepts 4 arguments. One of them is - WithWindow, set
>> that to False.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shyam Pillai
>> Handout Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/how
>>
>> "Vic" <vic(a)showsec.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am trying to automate the creation of building the PPT file and I
>>> want to hide the process. However, I can't seem to get rid of
>>> having to activate the application object which cause a blank PPT
>>> screen to flash. The "Unknown Member" seems to be what has to be
>>> identified but how?? Following is the code with comments attached to
>>> what I've tried.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much, Vic
>>>
>>> Set oPwrpnt = CreateObject("Powerpoint.application")
>>>
>>> ' oPwrpnt.Visible = False <<=== This fails Application
>>> (unknown member) : Invalid request. Hiding the application window
>>> is not
>>> allowed.
>>> oPwrpnt.Activate <<== will flash a blank PPT screen

From: Vic on
Shyam,

I have been reading everything I can find on the subject and I am getting a
better understanding of the process but still a long way to go. I don't
know why suppressing the creation of a presentation should be so problematic
but it is. If I try to just minimize it, I have to activate it, and it
flashes a blank screen. The pptxm was a typo and I didn't realize what
these "m" files were utill the other day when I added some vba code to the
presentation file. I was careless and not paying close enough attention to
details and consequently made the typo.

OK that said, I almost have this thing working as it has completed the
creation of the slide with multiple graphs from the database but now when I
try to save the final slide it says there is no active presentation
(Application (unknown member) : Invalid request. There is no active
presentation.). The statement to save is "oPwrpnt.ActivePresentation.SaveAs
(CGFF_PPTFileName)". I open it with "Set OpwrPresent =
oPwrpnt.Presentations.Open(deffilename, , , False).Slides(1)".

So Shyam how do I save the completed slide if there is not an active
presentation?

Thanks,

From: Shyam Pillai on
Since your PowerPoint window is hidden there is no ActivePresentation.
You need to reference the presentation you are opening so that you can save
that presentation later.

'Reference to the presentation
Dim oPres as PowerPoint.Presentation

Set oPres=oPwrpnt.Presentations.Open(deffilename, , , False)
Set OpwrPresent =oPres.Slides(1).

When you are ready to save use:

Call oPres.SaveAs (CGFF_PPTFileName).

Close the presentation and clear the refrence.

oPres.Close
Set oPres=Nothing

From: Steve Rindsberg on
> OK that said, I almost have this thing working as it has completed the
> creation of the slide with multiple graphs from the database but now when I
> try to save the final slide it says there is no active presentation
> (Application (unknown member) : Invalid request. There is no active
> presentation.). The statement to save is "oPwrpnt.ActivePresentation.SaveAs
> (CGFF_PPTFileName)".

Use

oPwrpnt.SaveAs(CGFF_PPTFileName)

By the way, if you have a reference set to PowerPoint in tools, references,
Intellisense will pop up the available methods and properties when you type

oPwrPnt.

If it's not on the pop up list, it's incorrect, in most cases.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/