From: Vic on
Hello,

I am trying to automate the creation of building the PPT file and I want to
hide the process. However, I can't seem to get rid of having to activate
the application object which cause a blank PPT screen to flash. The
"Unknown Member" seems to be what has to be identified but how?? Following
is the code with comments attached to what I've tried.

Thank you very much, Vic

Set oPwrpnt = CreateObject("Powerpoint.application")

' oPwrpnt.Visible = False <<=== This fails Application (unknown
member) : Invalid request. Hiding the application window is not allowed.
oPwrpnt.Activate <<== will flash a blank PPT screen
'oPwrpnt.WindowState = ppWindowMinimized <<== Fails if the above
is commented out

deffilename = App.Path & "\" & main.cboChartSelection &
"\MyTemplate.pptxm"

'following statement fails with the error: 'Presentations (unknown
member) : Invalid request. The PowerPoint Frame window does not exist.
' if oPwrpnt.Activate is commented out

Set OpwrPresent =
oPwrpnt.Presentations.Open(deffilename).Slides(1)

'Also the following fails with the same error as above
Set OpwrPresent = oPwrpnt.Presentations.Open(deffilename,
False).Slides(1)

From: Shyam Pillai on
The Open method accepts 4 arguments. One of them is - WithWindow, set that
to False.

Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Handout Wizard: http://skp.mvps.org/how

From: Vic on
Shyamm,

I had already tried that but it also fails with "following statement fails
with the error: 'Presentations (unknown member) : Invalid request. The
PowerPoint Frame window does not exist." if don't have oPwrpnt.Activate
included which causes the blank PPT screen to be flashed.

Vic

From: John Wilson john AT technologytrish.co DOT on
Which program are you working in Vic?
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials

From: Vic on
John,

I am automating using VB6 with Powerpoint 2007.

Vic

"John Wilson" <john AT technologytrish.co DOT uk> wrote in message
> Which program are you working in Vic?
> --
> john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk
>
> Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials
> http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html
>

> "Vic" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to automate the creation of building the PPT file and I want
>> hide the process. However, I can't seem to get rid of having to activate
>> the application object which cause a blank PPT screen to flash. The
>> "Unknown Member" seems to be what has to be identified but how??
>> Following
>> is the code with comments attached to what I've tried.
>>
>> Thank you very much, Vic
>>

>> Set oPwrpnt = CreateObject("Powerpoint.application")
>>
>> ' oPwrpnt.Visible = False <<=== This fails Application
>> (unknown
>> member) : Invalid request. Hiding the application window is not allowed.
>> oPwrpnt.Activate <<== will flash a blank PPT screen
>> 'oPwrpnt.WindowState = ppWindowMinimized <<== Fails if the
>> above
>> is commented out
>>
>> deffilename = App.Path & "\" & main.cboChartSelection &
>> "\MyTemplate.pptxm"
>>
>> 'following statement fails with the error: 'Presentations
>> (unknown
>> member) : Invalid request. The PowerPoint Frame window does not exist.
>> ' if oPwrpnt.Activate is commented out
>>
>> Set OpwrPresent =
>> oPwrpnt.Presentations.Open(deffilename).Slides(1)
>>
>> 'Also the following fails with the same error as above
>> Set OpwrPresent = oPwrpnt.Presentations.Open(deffilename,
>> False).Slides(1)
>>

>> .
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2