From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Glennbo wrote:
> I've been wanting this sample set from the moment I heard the room.
> I just got the "New York Studios Vol. 2 - The Lost Studios". It has
> kits sampled in two of the finest sounding rooms that *used* to be
> in NY. The samples were done in Allaire Studios and the Hit Factory.
>
> The snare sound in the Hit Factory is what sold me. This is a real
> rough initial dialing in of that kit to my V-Drums. Also take note
> that there are *NO* effects on this recording. It's pure Hit Factory
> room, mic'd up at several distances. Anyway, here's the first take.
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=9425023

Nice demo.

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum
http://www.gatortraks.com
From: Max Arwood on
Thanks for the demo!
Max Arwood

From: polymod on

> In news:Xns9DBBE230166DCBrownShoesDontMakeIt(a)85.214.73.210 the killer
> robot Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> > The snare sound in the Hit Factory is what sold me. This is a real
> > rough initial dialing in of that kit to my V-Drums. Also take note
> > that there are *NO* effects on this recording. It's pure Hit Factory
> > room, mic'd up at several distances. Anyway, here's the first take.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=9425023

> So I spent about thirty minutes tweaking the velocity sensitivity on
> the kick and toms. Bringing the kick down from the harder hit samples
> and raising the toms sensitivity. I think this is starting to get in
> the pocket balance wise, and now the kick doesn't bug me any more.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=9433537

I'm only listening on crappy 'puter speakers, but I still like your old kick
better (never listen to a keyboard player's advice on drum sounds). <g>
Maybe I need to fire up the real computer and hear it through my
monitors.The other drums sound simply outstanding.

Poly

From: Neil Rutman on
I am so impressed with these kits! I've been working on a song for quite a
while that I had live drums on and just couldn't get it to sound the way I
heard it in my head. I ended up keeping the live OH track for cymbals and
blending it with a new track using Allaire and it's killer. The song is
mixing itself now!!

Neil R

From: "Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette" on
Glennbo wrote:
> In news:Xns9DBCDD0C38E1CBrownShoesDontMakeIt(a)81.169.183.62 the killer
> robot Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> Nice demo.
>> Thanks Dave!
>>
>> I'm digging these drum samples more than anything I've had to date,
>> and I haven't even really begun to tweak Superior 2 to match my pad
>> kit to it's fullest potential. The kick is overly sensitive and the
>> toms are a little bet light on the sensitivity, but because of the
>> actual sounds, they are extremely fun to play. I'll have it all
>> tweaked up in the next couple weeks, and will probably end up
>> making the Hit Factory kit be my startup template in the DAW.
>
> By the way Dave, have any of the beta testers there at Toontrack ever
> tried rendering a single hit rimshot or click sticks to a wave, and
> then tried loading it up in a convolution reverb? I'm gonna have to
> try that out and see if I can't put other instruments and vocals into
> that fabulous room at the Hit Factory.

Yes, I've tried it and found there's more to it than a single hit to do
an impulse. Needs to be more like a white noise burst, I guess.