From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> I've been wanting this sample set from the moment I heard the room.
> I just got the "New York Studios Vol. 2 - The Lost Studios". It has
> kits sampled in two of the finest sounding rooms that *used* to be
> in NY. The samples were done in Allaire Studios and the Hit Factory.
>
> The snare sound in the Hit Factory is what sold me. This is a real
> rough initial dialing in of that kit to my V-Drums. Also take note
> that there are *NO* effects on this recording. It's pure Hit Factory
> room, mic'd up at several distances. Anyway, here's the first take.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=9425023

Holy sh*t, those sound freekin' great!!!!

Poly

From: polymod on

> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> I've been wanting this sample set from the moment I heard the room.
> >> I just got the "New York Studios Vol. 2 - The Lost Studios". It has
> >> kits sampled in two of the finest sounding rooms that *used* to be
> >> in NY. The samples were done in Allaire Studios and the Hit Factory.
> >>
> >> The snare sound in the Hit Factory is what sold me. This is a real
> >> rough initial dialing in of that kit to my V-Drums. Also take note
> >> that there are *NO* effects on this recording. It's pure Hit Factory
> >> room, mic'd up at several distances. Anyway, here's the first take.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=9425023

> > Holy sh*t, those sound freekin' great!!!!
>
> Thanks Poly! The only thing I'm not 100% happy with on this kit is
> the kick, and that very well may be a velocity tweaking that needs to
> happen. I haven't at all got to tweaking the velocity sensitivity on
> these new samples/kits. All I did with this "Hit Factory" kit was to
> add a second rack tom, tweak the balances in Superior's mixer, and
> set the outputs to hit my normal multiple faders in the DAW host.

Can you use your "old" kick sample with this set? Or are you locked in to
it's own set of samples?
I still find myself going back to my old DR-008 where I can load in just
about anything ;)

Poly

From: Bob Donald on
Wow, sounds pretty damn good G'bo. I wasnt impressed with the sound of the
floor toms, but that could just be the speakers I'm playing it on, and like
you said, no effects so I'm keeping that in mind. The snare and cymbals
sound awesome, for a non drummer POV. Eventually I'll be setting up my midi
kit when we get moved and I have the room, and may have to look into this.
My buddy who will be handling the drum stuff will have a blast!

From: Bob Donald on
Holy sh*t, it's Poly! Was starting to wonder if you were still alive!

Bob

From: polymod on

"Bob Donald" <Bob(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Holy sh*t, it's Poly! Was starting to wonder if you were still alive!

(Gene Wilder voice:)

It's alive! ! ! ! It's alive! ! ! !

Hehe...I'm alive!

Poly