From: BdbNorfolk on
I'm in the military, Navy active duty. I'm aware that we qualify for the
Home Use Program through our Volume Licensing. I've not been able to find
the specific resource I need to obtain this software. If anyone has any real
information that would be great. Microsoft's help center says "Contact your
agencys software licensing manager" and other vague hints. If I worked in
say and office of 30 people I could get my mind around that. But to say
"Contact the Navy's software licensing manager" doesn't help us front line
guys. We need a real answer with a real resource. Any help would be
wonderful, I wouldn't be posting here if I hadn't already run the route of my
Chain of Command and several weeks of searching the net / navy admins.
From: Carey Frisch [MVP] on
Common Questions about the Home Use Program
https://oms.one.microsoft.com/tc/cr_information/hupcommonquestions.htm

Getting Started:
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/sa/benefits/home_use_rights.mspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

From: BdbNorfolk on
Thank you Carey for your quick response. I have searched the knowledge base
and the Microsoft help links you offer already. They point to a "Email" you
recieve, in the military this is simply not true. Due to deployment
schedules and new member influx / turnover etc... this is just not always
true. In the past I was able to obtain this software under the home use
program, so I know it's there. However this was while onboard a ship with a
limited crew. Currently stationed on a shore instalation with well over
thirty thousand people and dozens & dozens of different commands our
"Agency's software manager" isn't someone I can point a finger at. It's my
hope that someone has heard & answered this question before. Again, the
generic information on the microsoft sites is of no help and they do not
respond to any inquiries as to the agency / office / person / authority to
contact.

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] on
Apparently, CDW has a contract to administer this program.
Give them a call at 1.800.863.4239

Also see: http://www.cdwg.com/shop/search/results.aspx?wclss=F25&pCurrent=1&Brand=MIC

From: BdbNorfolk on
Also found this already. This article actually details the plan purchased by
the Navy and lists the sailor use cost as under 25$.
http://newsroom.cdwg.com/news-releases/news-release-06-13-05.html Still
looking : )