From: twall on
I use FP2003 and have always used 1and1.com. On their website they say the
following:

Currently, you still have the option to publish your website using FrontPage
Extensions. 1&1 will discontinue support for the deprecated FrontPage Server
Extensions. We strongly suggest that you do not use Microsoft Frontpage
Extensions for your website.

What exactly does this mean? What other hosting options are you using for
Frontpage? I initially found 1and1 through this forum, by the way.

Thanks.
From: Tom Willett on
It means you will have to start using FTP and cannot HTTP publish, and none
of the features you use that require extensions will function.

Crystal Tech is a good host.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
:

From: twall on
Thank you Tom. I've just gotten back into FP and was surprised by all of
this. I now see that I'm very much out of the loop, to say the least. I'll
take a look at Crystal Tech.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Tom Willett brought next idea :
> none of the features you use that require extensions will function.

I've heard that said, from time to time, over the years. But as a
casual user of FP, it's never been clear to me exactly what features
these might be. Is there a cheatsheet available somewhere? <blush>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: "Trevor Lawrence" Trevor on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Tom Willett brought next idea :
>> none of the features you use that require extensions will function.
>
> I've heard that said, from time to time, over the years. But as a casual
> user of FP, it's never been clear to me exactly what features these might
> be. Is there a cheatsheet available somewhere? <blush>
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

Yeah, you and me both - that is, I didn't know either

However, someone referred me to this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281532/

--
Trevor Lawrence