From: Jeff on
My Quicken data files have a name that includes the year. I want to
rename it to include 2010. However I notice there are several Quicken
data files: *.qdf, *.qel, *.qph, *.qtx, etc.

What is the best way to rename my data file without messing things up?
What effect will that have on backup files?

Thanks, Jeff
From: Notan on
On 3/29/2010 9:58 AM, Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
> My Quicken data files have a name that includes the year. I want to
> rename it to include 2010. However I notice there are several Quicken
> data files: *.qdf, *.qel, *.qph, *.qtx, etc.
>
> What is the best way to rename my data file without messing things up?
> What effect will that have on backup files?
>
> Thanks, Jeff

Q2008 has a rename function: File | File Operations | Rename

What version are you using? Does it have the same function?
From: Jeff on
On 3/29/2010 12:04 PM, Notan wrote:
> On 3/29/2010 9:58 AM, Jeff(a)nospam.fake wrote:
>> My Quicken data files have a name that includes the year. I want to
>> rename it to include 2010. However I notice there are several Quicken
>> data files: *.qdf, *.qel, *.qph, *.qtx, etc.
>>
>> What is the best way to rename my data file without messing things up?
>> What effect will that have on backup files?
>>
>> Thanks, Jeff
>
> Q2008 has a rename function: File | File Operations | Rename
>
> What version are you using? Does it have the same function?

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I found it and it worked like a
charm. I have Quicken Deluxe 2008.