From: VanguardLH on
Stuart Livingston wrote:

> gpkrsrc.dll

A folder name that has a filename extension. Uh huh. So when are you going
to get around to scanning your host for malware?
From: Stuart Livingston on
I run both XoftSpySE and Norton, neither seem to have flagged this.

Stu

From: VanguardLH on
Stuart Livingston wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote ...
>
>> Stuart Livingston wrote:
>>
>>> gpkrsrc.dll
>>
>> A folder name that has a filename extension. Uh huh. So when are you
>> going to get around to scanning your host for malware?
>
> I run both XoftSpySE and Norton, neither seem to have flagged this.

Try something more than just Norton. I have no experience (nor does anyone
else that I know) of XoftSpySE. Update them ALL and then reboot into
Windows' safe mode to run a complete manual scan using each one.

There is a valid gpkrsrc.dll *file*. It is found under C:\Windows\system32.
Its description is "Gemplus Cryptographic Service Provider Resource".
However, there is NOT a valid *folder* by this name.
From: Jose on
On Dec 23, 3:33 pm, "Stuart Livingston" <stua...(a)optonline.net> wrote:
> I run both XoftSpySE and Norton, neither seem to have flagged this.
>
> Stu"VanguardLH" <V...(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message

> > Stuart Livingston wrote:
>
> >> gpkrsrc.dll
>
> > A folder name that has a filename extension.  Uh huh.  So when are you
> > going
> > to get around to scanning your host for malware?

What is a volume C compression run? Are you choosing to compress the
drive and it finds this file?

Youtube or BitTorrent much? That appears to be one source(s) of this
file.

If the malicious software scanners do not find anything suspicious
about the file it could be that they find nothing threatening about it
and will not report it. Looks like just some .mpg file with a long
name.

How are you searching for it? What do your see regarding this when
you use Windows Explorer to browse \windows\system32? Have you
searched for something like *jenna* and then tried to delete it?

No scanning software knows about everything so if you think you have
some infection, I would expand your scanning to include other
reputable scanners. It may not help you with this particular file
though.

Instead of suggesting "something more", I will suggest this:

Download, install, update and do a full scan with these free malware
detection programs:

Malwarebytes (MBAM): http://malwarebytes.org/
SUPERAntiSpyware: (SAS): http://www.superantispyware.com/

They can be uninstalled later if desired.